Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
xWhereAmI? wrote:After 2D I am going to see IMAX 3D just for the visuals and Zimmer's score

Allstar wrote:and I was laughed when I simply said I wasn't sold this would be better than Singer's take. As it stands Singer's version has significantly better reviews.
Doesn't mean Singer's version is better.

Bacon wrote:
Ani-Nation wrote:Ugh, I hope this ends of being like The Amazing Spider-Man where the critics bash it yet the fans love it. Maybe some critics are just being overly harsh on the film. Everyone on Twitter seems to be praising Man of Steel.

IT BURNS
Lol fans love Amazing Spider-Man? What have you been smoking?

The Hobbit
would've been a better example.
come on now, the amazing spider man wasnt that bad

I keep telling myself that The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey got mixed reviews critically and I loved it. So this could be the same.

And TASM was not that bad, but at the same time, fans (including myself) didn't "love it." There were aspects that were great, but other parts and scenes were done so poorly and felt rushed.

There are still A LOT of reviews waiting to come in. I bet Thursday night and Friday is when we get the great reviews and the REAL FANS reactions. I care about what the people think more for a movie like this.

Allstar wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
Allstar wrote:and I was laughed when I simply said I wasn't sold this would be better than Singer's take. As it stands Singer's version has significantly better reviews.
Singer's film is awful in nearly every arena or account of filmmaking. I barely made it through. I wouldn't have if some things weren't enjoyable.

-Vader
Most critics disagree.
Me too.

If it were any other director I'd be disappointed with the critical reception. And it has nothing to do with the faith I have in the filmmaker as much as it has to do with critical consensus correlating with Snyder's previous films. If Nolan made a film that got a 58% on RT I might be a little bit worried since most of this films have been universally praised critically. Snyder on the other hand has had very mixed reviews in every single one of his films. As I've said twice before Watchmen was not received very warmly by critics but it is one of my favorite comic book films to this date. Just a little food for thought.

Too me everyone on twitter is loving it. And I mean everyone.