Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
the_red_ninja wrote:I'm just so relieved that Cavill pulled through yo.

I stiill can't get over the chest hair :lol: it's a love-hate thing
cavill said in an interview he chose to have chest hair b/c when he read i believe the death of superman comic, superman had chest hair.

I must say that I've never seen such strong reactions for a highly anticipated summer movie. Many people like it, but I'd say more people can't stand the fact that the script is plain bad and it doesn't have that emotional weight you'd expect. And don't forget about the fact that we are fed such movies on a daily basis, yet, MoS pisses people off to no end. It simply tells you that something went terribly wrong.
And to compare this to BB would be preposterous :lol:

Btw, when people say 'that is explained in a cartoon/comic/interview/game/article, it's on purpose and makes sense!' - what? I don't want to have to read articles and watch interviews just to understand a single [important] plot point. Only people who prepare and arm themselves with knowledge of Death of Superman, Red Son, Secret Origins etc can fully enjoy the experience? Please.

m4st4 wrote:Didn't notice the handheld that much... I was more impressed with the double zoom-ins
Battlestar Galactica flashbacks, every single time. And I didn't even follow the show :roll:

shadoW wrote:
You think you can threaten my mother?! *Slam* You think you can threaten my mother??! *Slam* hands down, best bit :clap:
Still this after the 2nd viewing a week ago. Surprised this hasn't been mentioned by somebody else, just a great moment :thumbup:

Nokia trailers >>> official trailers. End of story.

TheExtractorCobb wrote:I'm just saying they can go the whole glasses route if they want to. It's a guy who comes from another planet and can fly. Realism went out the window.
:clap: This

Sarei88 wrote:

cavill said in an interview he chose to have chest hair b/c when he read i believe the death of superman comic, superman had chest hair.
Yeah I personally like the chest hair because it really shows off the man side of superman

shadoW wrote:Nokia trailers >>> official trailers. End of story.
That and the third trailers are the best ones

Thedarknight628 wrote:
Sarei88 wrote:

Yeah I personally like the chest hair because it really shows off the man side of superman
Yeah, but to have it sticking out of the suit... That's gonna give your identity away yo :P

Has anyone noticed a lot of recent films have glowing blue light pillars: this, Avengers, Wreck-it-Ralph, The Amazing Spiderman

Also here's my late reaction. Cons only. I still loved the movie.

I think the film was a bit too serious, the overall mood needed to be more lightened up like the original Superman. This might be a rare opinion from huge fan of the TDK trilogy since people who didn't like the TDK trilogy didn't like Man of Steel too fore being serious.

I'm a fan of Hans Zimmer but was really disappointed with the score, Michael Giacchino would've been the best choice.

Like everyone else I thought there was too much action towards the end, but the Kansas action sequence was absolutely genius, stylish and explosive at the same time.