Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
User avatar
Posts: 5434
Joined: June 2012
Location: Free
Bacon wrote:
This guy makes some good points.
Yeah... And yet he shamelessly says his movie does it better. The guy is smart, but he should control his Ego a bit more.

Posts: 2048
Joined: April 2012
Shameless egomaniacs can make great directors. As long as I don't have to work for them, who cares?

User avatar
Posts: 5434
Joined: June 2012
Location: Free
Joeyjojo72 wrote:Shameless egomaniacs can make great directors. As long as I don't have to work for them, who cares?
Yes but this is no Tarantino who actually has feats to back-up his words. Chronicle is not exactly a masterpiece and certainly not much more well-thought than Man of Steel for him to spell it aloud.
Last edited by didich on June 27th, 2013, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Posts: 16015
Joined: June 2011
Location: New York City
People with oversized egos are the worst kind of people. IMO

User avatar
Posts: 26167
Joined: June 2011
He mentions Chronicle cause there are a whole lot of people on his YouTube page who would say "your movie had destruction and fire and stuff in it". He was defending it more than saying that his was way better. He does have a huge ego, but that can take you places, and he's good at what he does and he honestly enjoys it.

User avatar
Posts: 1957
Joined: August 2012
didich wrote:
Joeyjojo72 wrote:Shameless egomaniacs can make great directors. As long as I don't have to work for them, who cares?
Yes but this is no Tarantino who actually has feats to back-up his words. Chronicle is not exactly a masterpiece and certainly not much more well-thought than Man of Steel for him to spell it aloud.

Posts: 134
Joined: October 2010
Bacon wrote:
This guy makes some good points.


This chick rebuts pretty much everything that douche said.

Posts: 134
Joined: October 2010


This chick rebuts pretty much everything that douche said.[/quote]



Just as this guy here...

User avatar
Posts: 4027
Joined: January 2009
Location: Cupertino, CA
Bacon wrote:
This guy makes some good points.
While I agree that MoS got a lot of things wrong, even some of the basic ideas of who Superman is/should be, I feel like I knew a thousand guys like this dude in college, and I wanted to hang out with none of them.

User avatar
Posts: 2496
Joined: June 2011
Bacon wrote:He mentions Chronicle cause there are a whole lot of people on his YouTube page who would say "your movie had destruction and fire and stuff in it". He was defending it more than saying that his was way better. He does have a huge ego, but that can take you places, and he's good at what he does and he honestly enjoys it.
Good at what he does. :lol: :roll: He's done 1 thing semi-good and he didn't even direct that semi-good. This guy has done next to nothing so far. He's got a long way to go before trying to dissect and shred someone else's work.

Post Reply