Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
nakas12 wrote:
darthnazgul wrote:
DKnight007 wrote: Yeah, smells like an agenda to me.

MOS Cinemascore A- amongst the general movie going public.

Critics think they're OPINION is better than everyone.

Elitist arrogant douche bags.....but wait....MOS was bad because it was a bit too dark, and it didn't have enough comedy and wasn't exactly like Donners old azz dated version. Lol

What a joke.
I haven't seen any critics saying their opinion is better. Well, I've known of critics that have done that before but I just ignore them now. Also, I haven't seen anybody complaining that the movie was too dark.
The only critic I had a problem with was Rex Reed. The guy writes biased reviews in my opinion.
But still everyone has there own view of how they thought the movie was. Some people loved and some people didn't. I liked it, but my friend didn't. Thats just how it goes.
That's fair and square, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, the only problem I have is with critic wannabes who try to impose their views onto everybody and sound or write like their opinion is the only one that matters and that anybody who is not in their page is an idiot, that pretentiousness is what bothers me, and many others.

Zimmeredge wrote:
MagnarTheGreat wrote:Glad I chose the 2D screening. I think watching almost non-stop shakey cam 3D would have made me puke. This probably didn't help the pro critics reviews as they had to see it in 3D, I think...
frankly i don't know why Nolan didn't put his veto on this thing (shaky cam). I love 3D i think it's exceptionnal when used for good purpose. Man of Steel was probably THE perfect movie for it because of the flying sequences but the shaky cam ruin the whole thing.
this was definitely shot on imax 3D camera system or J. Cameron cameras
Well, one thing everybody in this site knows is that Nolan is not an idiot, so if he decided to allow his name to be put bold and center as a producer, is because he was OK with the end product, so there's no point in questioning his views or decisions. It's one thing that you didn't like it, it's another to question him. Simple as that.

willyjoel wrote:
Zimmeredge wrote:
MagnarTheGreat wrote:Glad I chose the 2D screening. I think watching almost non-stop shakey cam 3D would have made me puke. This probably didn't help the pro critics reviews as they had to see it in 3D, I think...
frankly i don't know why Nolan didn't put his veto on this thing (shaky cam). I love 3D i think it's exceptionnal when used for good purpose. Man of Steel was probably THE perfect movie for it because of the flying sequences but the shaky cam ruin the whole thing.
this was definitely shot on imax 3D camera system or J. Cameron cameras
Well, one thing everybody in this site knows is that Nolan is not an idiot, so if he decided to allow his name to be put bold and center as a producer, is because he was OK with the end product, so there's no point in questioning his views or decisions. It's one thing that you didn't like it, it's another to question him. Simple as that.
i do both. because i didn't like and because he has not used us to that kind of standard of shooting. you might argue that he's just a producer so he doesn't have a total access to the graphical, aesthetics thing of it. but even Snyder didn't do that on his previous movies.

the cinematography IS a problem on this movie.

Zimmeredge wrote:
frankly i don't know why Nolan didn't put his veto on this thing (shaky cam).
Because... it's Snyder's film... ?

Criticisms =/= Constant trolling of the MOS board[/quote]
Did you read my review? FYI; just because I didn't like the movie, doesn't mean it's trolling. Sorry I didn't praise every second of this.

All of my comments are completely legitimate.[/quote]
You think just because you posted a serious review it makes you a legit member, who deserves our respect. We have stood by while you trolled this forum for months now, lets remember at one point I used to actually stick up for you. So obviously you have gotten worse. Its people like you who drag down our community.[/quote]

I always thought that when someone doesn't like something, he or she just stop watching it, using it, or following it. When someone bashes something and then keeps fueling the fire just to get reactions, that can definitely be considered as trolling. Specially when someone tries to appear as articulate, intelligent, that is truly condescending and insulting to most people. If some is a a true critic, why in the world would that person constantly post his or her views in a fan forum? wouldn't that person look for more "legitimate" avenues? Know-it-alls are the worst kind of people. If you don't like something, get out and don't come back, simple as that.

[/quote]the cinematography IS a problem on this movie.[/quote]

That is a serious statement, any credentials to back up you alleged knowledge in cinematography?

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Zimmeredge wrote:
frankly i don't know why Nolan didn't put his veto on this thing (shaky cam).
Because... it's Snyder's film... ?

my sentence was badly composed. what i wanted to say is that they should have choose someone else than Mokri when they assembled the crew.

willyjoel wrote:
the cinematography IS a problem on this movie.[/quote]

That is a serious statement, any credentials to back up you alleged knowledge in cinematography?[/quote]

well, you'll see in the end if the guy who made the cinematography gets credit or accolades for his job if he do not... that means a lot especially in cinematography.
and yeah i aspire to work in the cinema industry so i don't know as much as you probably do but i have taste. don't be condescending with me. you don't know me. you're takin' it to personnally. i didn't insult you or any of your relatives. i made a personnal point: the cinematography is a problem.
you don't have to be gifted to notice that the way of shooting isn't the one that was needed on this film.