Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:Batman Begins is the film that stirred the dorment cinephile hearts to life for a number of individuals of correct age and context at its release. I was one of them. Allstar was too.

Can you imagine Man of Steel, a film all about inspiration, actually inspiring anyone to fall in love with cinema? I can't, and that's why it couldn't ever be on the same level.

-Vader
I absolutely can. But that's just me.

-Braked

It's ambitious, and full of dazzling technical achievements--grand visual effects, a resounding score, brilliant acting performances, and gorgeous cinematography. Unfortunately, the subpar script, atrocious plot/pacing and mindless, numbing action bog down the film to simply decent. I wanted to love it so much, but at times it fell apart. Like one of the reviews said, the film is at its soaring best when it's exploring Clark's humanity. The "super" part of Man of Steel is just okay, but the "man" part is super.

6.5/10

6.5/10

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Batman Begins is the film that stirred the dorment cinephile hearts to life for a number of individuals of correct age and context at its release. I was one of them. Allstar was too.

Can you imagine Man of Steel, a film all about inspiration, actually inspiring anyone to fall in love with cinema? I can't, and that's why it couldn't ever be on the same level.

-Vader

-Braked
Alright, I'll bite. What about the film do you figure might have that effect on someone?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:

-Vader

-Braked
Alright, I'll bite. What about the film do you figure might have that effect on someone?

-Vader
It may not be as deep or heavy as Begins but to me, it's the kind of film that defines going to the movies. Maybe it might not make someone fall in love with the deepness or philosophy that film/movies can convey but the sheer adventure and thrill of a film like this is something that I think even the most average moviegoer could find something special in. And maybe make them want look deeper than the surface for a change. But that's just me :crazy:

I know it might not totally answer the question but cut me some slack it's 3AM here in NY

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
anikom15 wrote:Batman Begins is better than Man of Steel.
Only just
Christopher Nolan is better than Zach Snyder.
Only just that.

anikom15 wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
anikom15 wrote:Batman Begins is better than Man of Steel.
Only just
Christopher Nolan is better than Zach Snyder.
Only just that.
ya I kno buddy

6/10. Epic scope, budget, story, but weighed down by a bland script. It felt like a missed opportunity.

The scene in Clark's mind
where Zod tells him what he's going to do to Earth, and then Superman starts to sink into an ocean of skulls
. :thumbup:

The Oil Rig Rescue

Young Clark and Ma Kent at school