Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:What is baffling about a Zack Snyder film getting mediocre reviews?
I had hope.

These reviews are hilarious.

We can now come to the conclusion that if its not Marvel with stupid comedy its not good.

xWhereAmI? wrote:These reviews are hilarious.

We can now come to the conclusion that if its not Marvel with stupid comedy its not good.
Stop.

Here is something I find more baffling: Why does anyone care what the Rotten Tomatoes score is? I'm seeing people make excuses for its score on there, comparing it to Marvel or other superhero films, or even saying critics are wrong and defending the film when you haven't even seen it yet. This really isn't something worth getting paranoid about. Go see it for yourself and form your own opinion.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:What is baffling about a Zack Snyder film getting mediocre reviews?
That's just it--it's not simply a Zack Snyder film. Yes, he directed it and deserves a vast majority of the credit, but before hand, there wasn't a single doubt in my mind that this film might be considered "rotten." Snyder worked with Goyer and Nolan to create a darker, more rooted world, a good script; they hired a talented cast, the visual effects and scope of the film are magnificent...every piece of footage we've seen is awe-inspiring and beautiful. It was always so much more than a Zack Snyder film, and claiming that you saw it coming feels like more of a defense mechanism to me. I'm sure I (and majority of the people on NF) will enjoy the film, but for now we have to face the harsh reality: critics are simply mixed about it.

Stop.
Stop what, he's not completely off, most of the reviews are harshly criticizing the film for being too serious.

Exactly, a lot of reviews are saying there isn't enough comedy, it's too "serious." What's going on with these dumb critics? Marvel has dumbed them down so much with their crap films with no story, character development, mediocre action and jokes throughout every Marvel film. It's a really really sad thing to witness this.

HorrorBiz wrote:Here is something I find more baffling: Why does anyone care what the Rotten Tomatoes score is? I'm seeing people make excuses for its score on there, comparing it to Marvel or other superhero films, or even saying critics are wrong and defending the film when you haven't even seen it yet. This really isn't something worth getting paranoid about. Go see it for yourself and form your own opinion.
Sense is being spoken here.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
HorrorBiz wrote:Here is something I find more baffling: Why does anyone care what the Rotten Tomatoes score is? I'm seeing people make excuses for its score on there, comparing it to Marvel or other superhero films, or even saying critics are wrong and defending the film when you haven't even seen it yet. This really isn't something worth getting paranoid about. Go see it for yourself and form your own opinion.
Sense is being spoken here.