Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Betamax!
Because IMAX 3D is too MAINSTREAM! :roll:

DoubleD wrote:Seeing it in regular 2D Thursday night at 7. Then hopefully 2D IMAX at some point shortly after that, but my local theater is only doing one screening a day in 2D IMAX and it's at noon.

If the reviews for the 3D are good, I may, may check it out in 3D.
Sort of jealous of you 2D people. I tried to get them when the advanced tickets went on sale, but they were trying to sell 3D so I had no choice. They didn't start doing 2D until 2 weeks before release and those went fast.

I'll live, but I'm not a 3D movie person.

early ticket sales were mainly selling in 3d imax and that's not what i wanted. i called a local theater since they posted their showtimes online today. more time slots are going to be added so, it's no rush for me. otherwise, i'm watching the film in 2d. if the movie was filmed in 3d or imax, i would consider watching it in that, but it wasn't so, i'll save some money by watching it in 2d. that way, i'll have extra dollars to see it on repeat viewing.

When will we get the early box office updates? Wednesday or Thursday, right?

I love this whole "We wanted more action with Superman Returns... but wait we didn't want THIS much action. Get it right DC!" thing that's going on.

cooldued wrote:When will we get the early box office updates? Wednesday or Thursday, right?

Thursday or Friday .

^agreed. It's quite funny. It seems a lot of reviewers keep forgetting this is also an origin story. For an ORIGIN story to have a complaint of too much action, that's actually very surprising. I would imagine most people would want more action in origin stories because with a lot of them, it drags/gets complicated and has not true conflict until the very end.

58 on Metacritic
jk, I'll have my own opinion when I see it.

"If its not the Avengers and Marvel its not good" - The critics

Forum Pro
Law
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
Law wrote:
MoSFAN1998 wrote: Christopher Nolan is notorious for being one of those "unintentionally funny" writers
Memento was far from being unintentionally funny, more of a dark comedy.
I don't feel drunk?
Okay I'm chasing this guy, no... he's chasing me.