Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Sadly I think Superman appeals to much less audiences than Batman. Moreover, Snyder doesn't have a record that's exactly pretty. Expectations are very high too (screening reactions, awesome trailers+cast+score, the Nolan brand) so some critics may be disappointed

RT 75%-82%
Metacritic 70 (same as BB)

I hope the film exceeds my above predictions. Based on the trailers the film looks super good and I would rate it RT 90%< but the trailers reveal little only.

shadow123 wrote:
BatMan528491 wrote:All I want is an Amy Adams poster. That is all I want.
ive been waiting for that :twisted: :twisted:
is there actually any chance we will get one ?
They marketed three main characters for TDKR only (Batman Bane Catwoman), I guess it'll be the same (Superman Zod Jor-El). All three are "supernatural" characters, just like the TDKR ones. Honestly I guess Russell Crowe's role in the film may be smaller than Amy's so I don't know why they didn't market Amy as the third lead (also having three main male characters isn't that appealing to female audiences).

Or perhaps they will market 4 lead characters and I'll be happy about that. :)

Bacon wrote:Metacritic isn't something to go off of necessarily.

The Prestige has a 66.
You are absolutely right. Prestige is one of Nolan's best films. Doesn't make any sense why its rated so low.

incorruptible wrote:
Bacon wrote:Metacritic isn't something to go off of necessarily.

The Prestige has a 66.
You are absolutely right. Prestige is one of Nolan's best films. Doesn't make any sense why its rated so low.
I believe the critics didn't like the sci-fi twist ending.

The thing is... I have never spoken to anyone who didn't like that film. At least people I know in person.

To be frank fuck scores and ratings :lol:
Say Girl

Peace wrote:The thing is... I have never spoken to anyone who didn't like that film. At least people I know in person.

You really gotta think before you speak sometimes, man. :lol:

-Vader

Peace wrote:To be frank fuck scores and ratings :lol:
Most intelligent thing I've heard all day.

Seriously people... RELAX! :lol: You are anticipating this so fuck the ratings and give your own thoughts about the movie. I believe some people spend more time thinking about another individual's opinion about a movie than enjoying or even thinking about the movie itself.

Note: That doesn't mean you have to ignore critical thinking, just not give so much importance to the one that isn't your own.
Last edited by didich on May 23rd, 2013, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

Vader182 wrote:
Peace wrote:The thing is... I have never spoken to anyone who didn't like that film. At least people I know in person.

You really gotta think before you speak sometimes, man. :lol:

-Vader
Nope. I don't value them like you do.

I have never not seen a film or scene a film based on ratings or scores. I do like to compare them to my own personal thoughts though.

I understand critics have you know better writing skills and back in the day really had to know some shit about film if they wanted to get published but I don't give a fuck about scores.

Yes most of the films I like end up having decent to great ratings but that is because I like good shit. Something like my love for QoS would boggle your mind Vader. It's not love despite flaws. I just love it. I don't feel like it has very many flaws.

Something most people prob would love to bash me for saying.
Last edited by Peace on May 23rd, 2013, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Say Girl

Elitism towards elitists = hipsterism ;)

-Vader

didich wrote:
DoubleD wrote:
They do.
Most people know Superman. Yet, that doesn't mean they all like him. Most people actually like Batman better than Superman, because they consider Supes a more 'basic' character (though that's not really true).