Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Murphy528 wrote:It seems as though this is a common topic being actively discussed among people on other sites, and is being optioned by Warner Brothers - especially the rumor that Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern is included in the cast, and they want JGL to be Batman. Now Man of Steel's original intentions have been swept under the rug, and Henry Cavill will be Superman in this shared universe (Zack Snyder confirmed this is setting it up)

In other words, exactly as I had said. :wave:
What if JGL refuses? :JGLface:
gib sigs

Pratham wrote:
Murphy528 wrote:It seems as though this is a common topic being actively discussed among people on other sites, and is being optioned by Warner Brothers - especially the rumor that Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern is included in the cast, and they want JGL to be Batman. Now Man of Steel's original intentions have been swept under the rug, and Henry Cavill will be Superman in this shared universe (Zack Snyder confirmed this is setting it up)

What if JGL refuses? :JGLface:
I don't think he will. It would be a huge role that would increase his star power. :JGLface:

Interesting thoughts, I think I've heard Zack Snyder say something to that effect

I honestly can't see them using JGL as Batman. (I would bet a steak dinner on it ;) It's probably more likely Ryan Reynolds would return as Green Lantern

Man of Steel is the set up for DC Cinematic Universe

I wonder why WB is being so coy about what they want to to do. Either they don't have a plan or they have one (I think they do) It's interesting to me that Nolan a producer on the Man of Steel. Maybe WB is learning from there mistakes from Green Lantern with having to many to many cooks in the kitchen. I honestly hope Nolan is a producer on the Justice League movie, from the interviews I've seen besides Nolan writing the story with Goyer, he's keeping out of Snyder's way. Which I wish they would have done that for Martian Champbell on Green Lantern.

Also I wonder how much of a factor the box office numbers are. With Superman Returns It made more money then Batman Begins but it was considered a box office failure. It will be interesting to see how much is announced about WB plans if (I say when) Man of Steel is a success.

Warner Bros. likes to make shit up about what they hope will happen (usually their ideas are fucking stupid, cf. Inception series), but it doesn't come true, thank God.

Last edited by CallMeSelina on April 30th, 2015, 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

And why exactly was this thread unlocked?

Fuck this thread.

I drink ur milkshake
Sigs???

This thread should not be locked because this is a legitimate possibility. Not a legitimate certainty, but it is definitely something being shuffled around. They're even ranting and raving about it over at SuperHeroHype. With all the other useless threads on this site, this one is hardly causing problems, now is it? :modesty: