Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Stop bitching about 3D. You can see it however you want, nobody will put a gun to your head and make you watch it in 3D. It's also understandable that the studio wants this. The last Superman movie didn't do so well at the B.O. and they are obviously a little concerned about that.

ComptonTerry wrote:Stop bitching about 3D. You can see it however you want, nobody will put a gun to your head and make you watch it in 3D.
I want to see it in 2D IMAX but I can't cause in India there are only 5-6 IMAX theaters, one of which is in Mumbai and they show only 3D versions.
gib sigs

DoubleD wrote:
Man Of Steel’s villain, General Zod, will not be uttering the immortal line “Kneel before Zod”, actor Michael Shannon has confirmed.

In an interview with VH1 (via SuperheroHype), Shannon was asked about the line, and admitted, “I don’t say that in the movie.”

The three word put-down was made famous by Terence Stamp’s incarnation of the supervillain in Superman II.

Perhaps it’s a good idea that Shannon won’t be impinging on Stamp’s turf, as that piece of dialogue has become so deeply associated with that film.

It has also become the subject of much parody over the years, so it's possible the omission is a statement of intent - will Shannon’s Zod lack the grandstanding, scenery-chewing pomp of the comic-book movie villains of old?

Man Of Steel is directed by Zack Snyder, and stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Kevin Costner, and it opens in the UK on 14 June 2013.
Couldn't care less.

Pratham wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:Stop bitching about 3D. You can see it however you want, nobody will put a gun to your head and make you watch it in 3D.
I want to see it in 2D IMAX but I can't cause in India there are only 5-6 IMAX theaters, one of which is in Mumbai and they show only 3D versions.
I second Pratham on this. There is no choice between IMAX 2D and IMAX 3D. Thanks for the rudeness though. :twothumbsup:

TeddyBlass wrote:
Pratham wrote: I want to see it in 2D IMAX but I can't cause in India there are only 5-6 IMAX theaters, one of which is in Mumbai and they show only 3D versions.
I second Pratham on this. There is no choice between IMAX 2D and IMAX 3D. Thanks for the rudeness though. :twothumbsup:
Exactly. I wouldn't mind 3D as much if it wasn't force fed to me half the time.

Ok, you found one! ;)
Cudos to you!
Would have been more difficult for Selina Kyle anyway! ;)

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/11/ ... vrit=57774
HC: How do you see “Man of Steel” fitting into this mythology now that you’ve made “Watchmen?”

ZS: It’s a more serious version of Superman. It’s not like a heart attack. We took the mythology seriously. We take him as a character seriously. I believe the movie would appeal to anyone. I think that you’re going to see a Superman you’ve never seen before. We approached it as though no other films had been made. He’s the king-daddy. Honestly that’s why I wanted to do it. I’m interested in Superman because he’s the father of all superheroes. He’s this amazing ambassador for all superheroes. What was it about him that cracked the code that made pop culture embrace this other mythology? What we‘ve made as a film not only examines that but is also an amazing adventure story. It’s been an honor to work on. As a comic book fan, Superman is like the Rosetta Stone of all superheroes. I wanted to be sure the movie treated it respectfully.

Master Virgo wrote:http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/11/ ... vrit=57774
HC: How do you see “Man of Steel” fitting into this mythology now that you’ve made “Watchmen?”

ZS: It’s a more serious version of Superman. It’s not like a heart attack. We took the mythology seriously. We take him as a character seriously. I believe the movie would appeal to anyone. I think that you’re going to see a Superman you’ve never seen before. We approached it as though no other films had been made. He’s the king-daddy. Honestly that’s why I wanted to do it. I’m interested in Superman because he’s the father of all superheroes. He’s this amazing ambassador for all superheroes. What was it about him that cracked the code that made pop culture embrace this other mythology? What we‘ve made as a film not only examines that but is also an amazing adventure story. It’s been an honor to work on. As a comic book fan, Superman is like the Rosetta Stone of all superheroes. I wanted to be sure the movie treated it respectfully.

Master Virgo wrote:http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/11/ ... vrit=57774

He'd better take Superman seriously.

The Wolverine & Man Of Steel Trailers To Debut With The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni40995786/

When Decemder 14 comes, you'll see

Star Trek Into Darkness footage/trailer
Man of Steel trailer
The Wolverine trailer
and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey