Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
BlairCo wrote:
07202012 wrote: SuperMadea
I don't want that image in my head!!!
Too late.

07202012 wrote:
BlairCo wrote: I don't want that image in my head!!!
Too late.
Does anyone know extraction?

BlairCo wrote:
07202012 wrote: Too late.
Does anyone know extraction?

Rotten Tomatoes:

Between 70s and 90s, I would say. Depending if its mediocre, good or Supergood.

Imdb:

About an 8, Superman is not the best friend with international audiences.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

07202012 wrote:Read a description somewhere:
Basically, Superman gets his ass handed to him by Faora.
Yeah, pretty much this.
I prefer to have a weaker Superman than having one which can only be hurt by f*cking kryptonite
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

I have my reservations about Zod being in it. Isn't this supposed to be an origin story as well, should Zod really be the main villain of a film that focuses on Superman's origin?

07202012 wrote:
Midnight Cologne wrote:I doubt it will be as good as Nolan's Batman flicks, it'll probably be better than ever other comic book movie though. Much better than Superman Returns, lol.

I'm not a big fan of ultra strong super heroes, Batman is more my style.

78-85% IMO.
Still trying to figure out why you chose that username. :think:
It's my youtube user name, no other explanation really. I just didnt really feel like creating another "online alias".

7-20-2012 is a very uber awesome and original user name btw.

Midnight Cologne wrote: I'm not a big fan of ultra strong super heroes, Batman is more my style.
because they never really translate on the big screen. I don't even know if I'd count Thor since he wasn't Thor for more than half the movie. Hulk never worked. Superman sort of worked years ago. X-Men 3 was awful cause they went the Dark Phoenix route. The Matrix sequels never panned out cause Neo became The One.

IMO, I'd say the only decent ones were Hancock, Superman, Thor and the Incredible Hulk. None of them have been able to really hit a high level of movie quality though.

07202012 wrote: Is that like his confirmed symbol? Or is it just fan-made?
It's fan made, I found it on Deviant Art.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

^
Yeah I agree, I'm not sure if it's because Batman is just a Superhero with basically complete human limitations [as are his villains]...or if it's just Nolan's genius. That's why i'd like to see what Nolan could do with Superman. I'd bet Zack Snyder will ruin this film, because honestly I don't think a movie like 300 can sniff any of Nolan's work. I would trust this movie way more if Nolan was the man in charge.

I get called a Nolan fanboy by non Nolan maniacs but I absolutely think no super hero/comic book movie has even come close to his Batman films. Lets face it super hero movies are not movies that could get film of the year, but Nolan's Batman movies can.