The Leftovers (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Actor, writer, and director Justin Theroux has been approached to star in the Rapture-themed drama pilot for HBO. The project has been steadily building steam over the last few months with Peter Berg recently being attached to direct the pilot, in the series based on a book of the same name written by Tom Perrotta ("Little Children"). The novel takes place after the Rapture has occurred and examines the lives of those that weren’t chosen. Perrotta will join Lindelof in penning the script for the series.

Deadline is reporting that Theroux will play “chief of police Kevin Garvey, a father of two who is trying to maintain some semblance of normalcy in a world that is starting to completely reject that notion.” Promising concept, but let's hope Lindelof can pull it off.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... -20130605#
I've read that HBO has high hopes for it but Lindelof and religion is not a good sign for me

I'd no idea Lindelof has his own production house - it's called Adventure Corps - but now that I think of it, practically everyone in Hollywood has one of their own these days.

Cilogy wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
kanjisheik wrote:Season 1 premieres on June 15.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/03/hbo-t ... ere-dates/
Surprised of the lack of hype around this
Damon Lindelof
Not really. Lack of marketing. I even don't know what it is about (if I don't search it right now).

From Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof, The Leftovers is an adaption of author Tom Perrotta's novel of the same name, and begins three years after two percent of the world's population disappears without explanation. Some people think they disappeared because of the Rapture, but no one knows for certain. The series stars Justin Theroux (Six Feet Under), Amy Brenneman (Private Practice), Christopher Eccleston (Doctor Who), and Liv Tyler (Lord of the Rings) and focuses on the people who were left behind as they struggle to figure out what happened.

Looks intriguing.

Looks good.