Starz's Outlander

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Just watched the pilot, Ronald D. Moore attracted me, because BSG is one of my favorite things ever...

I'm mostly unimpressed, the lead is likeable, it's really nicely shot and produced...but this really feels like a show aimed for middle-aged women, the whole tone and pacing really wasn't my thing and they really abused of the voice-over.

I'd probably give it a 6.5/10

Great news! :thumbup:

I haven't read the books and I had no expectations for the show, but I'm really loving the way things have progressed so far. The episodes have gotten better and better, and the female lead is amazing. Glad that this has been renewed - Ronald D. Moore has done a fabulous job running this, and I can't wait to see what happens next. :thumbup:

kanjisheik wrote:I haven't read the books and I had no expectations for the show, but I'm really loving the way things have progressed so far. The episodes have gotten better and better, and the female lead is amazing. Glad that this has been renewed - Ronald D. Moore has done a fabulous job running this, and I can't wait to see what happens next. :thumbup:
fuck, he's showrunner?

-Vader

Yeah he is

kanjisheik wrote:I haven't read the books and I had no expectations for the show, but I'm really loving the way things have progressed so far. The episodes have gotten better and better, and the female lead is amazing. Glad that this has been renewed - Ronald D. Moore has done a fabulous job running this, and I can't wait to see what happens next. :thumbup:
Agreed. The actress is really likable and I love how the character is written.