Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
shauner111 wrote:
MuzzleSuarez wrote:Your posts are cringeworthy. LOL you can somewhat forgive him because he got stabbed? Are you just trolling or being dumb now? The guy is stabbed and he's supposed to close his mouth and look cool? I dont really know what you're talking about to be honest, but if he had his mouth open a lot in Rises well, he WAS older and not in the best shape so that would make sense if he was looking a bit out of breath. In TDK with the Joker?? Of course he was out of breath, he was hit with a lead pipe over and over and attacked by dogs, then choked. He's Batman yes but he's also not the Bat-God and was never written to be that way in the trilogy. This was a more human and vulnerable Batman and i loved it. The invincible Batman is cool and all but it doesn't really interest me to be honest. So he's supposed to always look like he's never in danger or hurt? That's bullshit and very boring. I hate that crap.
There's a right balance you have to get. Of course for the grounded approach Nolan was going for you have to have some semblance of humanity, but not to the point where you look like a complete pussy. You're freaking Batman who trained with the League of Shadows and not some amateur fighter (I haven't even got to Bale's slowness when doing his fight scenes). Nolan never asked him to specifically be like that, Bale himself infused too much weakness. You only need to look at the god awful John Conor performance as well Moses to see how similar they are. Only here Bale gets to hide behind the greatness of Nolan's writing, the great supporting characters and the great movies overall.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bale is a fairly talented actor. But when he fails, he really falls flat on his face. When you look at how Robert Downey Jr beautifully carried his Iron Man trilogy and 2 Avengers movies, people actually went to see those movies BECAUSE of him. NO ONE went to see TDK trilogy for Bale and dare I say it Batman. And that's my biggest regret with Nolan's otherwise fantastic trilogy, he had a crappy miscast lead. Even Andrew Garfield with his awful Spider-Man movies was able to shine through. Bale despite the fantastic material failed.

MuzzleSuarez wrote:There's a right balance you have to get. Of course for the grounded approach Nolan was going for you have to have some semblance of humanity, but not to the point where you look like a complete pussy. You're freaking Batman who trained with the League of Shadows and not some amateur fighter (I haven't even got to Bale's slowness when doing his fight scenes). Nolan never asked him to specifically be like that, Bale himself infused too much weakness. You only need to look at the god awful John Conor performance as well Moses to see how similar they are. Only here Bale gets to hide behind the greatness of Nolan's writing, the great supporting characters and the great movies overall.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bale is a fairly talented actor. But when he fails, he really falls flat on his face. When you look at how Robert Downey Jr beautifully carried his Iron Man trilogy and 2 Avengers movies, people actually went to see those movies BECAUSE of him. NO ONE went to see TDK trilogy for Bale and dare I say it Batman. And that's my biggest regret with Nolan's otherwise fantastic trilogy, he had a crappy miscast lead. Even Andrew Garfield with his awful Spider-Man movies was able to shine through. Bale despite the fantastic material failed.
Don't blame fighting on Bale, blame it on Nolan. A crappy miscast lead? Seriously dude, i can't take your posts seriously anymore. Not that i ever did. Bale was absolutely fantastic as Bruce Wayne and i thought he did well as Batman even with the flaws.

Somebody at Warner Bros is going to get fired over all these leaked posters and promotional material.

shauner111 wrote:
Don't blame fighting on Bale, blame it on Nolan. A crappy miscast lead? Seriously dude, i can't take your posts seriously anymore. Not that i ever did. Bale was absolutely fantastic as Bruce Wayne and i thought he did well as Batman even with the flaws.[/quote]

Blame it on Nolan? Why is that in the first fight between Batman and Bane that when Bane is pummelling Batman, it looks seamless and believable? However when Batman is supposed to have the upper hand against Bane in the second fight, Batman looks completely unconvincing in his hand to hand combat as well his general posture. Most fans thought it was unbelievable that Bale's Batman managed to overcome Bane.

Isn't it weird that the ONLY time Nolan's action directing came into question was specifically with Batman's combat scenes? No one ever complained about the other action scenes like the Tumbler/Batpod sequences or that fantastic Truck sequence in TDK or the Bat chasing after Talia in TDKR. Now you can see why Nolan was incredibly reluctant to shoot Batman clearly in that infamous docks scene in Batman Begins when Batman first shows up. Bale has always been a slow and awkward combat fighter and it really showed when Nolan went for more wider angles on Batman.

MuzzleSuarez wrote:
shauner111 wrote:Don't blame fighting on Bale, blame it on Nolan. A crappy miscast lead? Seriously dude, i can't take your posts seriously anymore. Not that i ever did. Bale was absolutely fantastic as Bruce Wayne and i thought he did well as Batman even with the flaws.
Blame it on Nolan? Why is that in the first fight between Batman and Bane that when Bane is pummelling Batman, it looks seamless and believable? However when Batman is supposed to have the upper hand against Bane in the second fight, Batman looks completely unconvincing in his hand to hand combat as well his general posture. Most fans thought it was unbelievable that Bale's Batman managed to overcome Bane.

Isn't it weird that the ONLY time Nolan's action directing came into question was specifically with Batman's combat scenes? No one ever complained about the other action scenes like the Tumbler/Batpod sequences or that fantastic Truck sequence in TDK or the Bat chasing after Talia in TDKR. Now you can see why Nolan was incredibly reluctant to shoot Batman clearly in that infamous docks scene in Batman Begins when Batman first shows up. Bale has always been a slow and awkward combat fighter and it really showed when Nolan went for more wider angles on Batman.
His posture was fantastic. Look at the stair scene. He looked convincing to me, don't know what you were watching. He wasn't just dominating Bane in the 2nd fight of course, he still had some trouble, he didn't climb out of the pit and win back his youth completely.

Most fans? I have never seen anybody talk about how they thought Batman was unconvincing when he fucked Bane up except for you.

Nolan isn't the best at hand to hand combat. Batman is one of the only characters that was able to show that side of Nolan. Blame him if you have to, blame the choreography. How is it Bale's fault? You sound desperate to hate on the guy. Nolan was always great with chase sequences and action, that's one of the main things he's great at. That's not the same as fighting. LOL at your sentence about the Begins dock scene. You really dont know much about this production do you. He shot it quick because he wanted to show us Batman from the criminals perspective (they can barely see him). Again, you fail. It had nothing to do with fight choreography or actors involved.
Last edited by shauner111 on April 30th, 2015, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shauner111 wrote:His posture was fantastic. Look at the stair scene. He looked convincing to me, don't know what you were watching. He wasn't just dominating Bane in the 2nd fight of course, he still had some trouble, he didn't climb out of the pit and win back his youth completely.

Most fans? I have never seen anybody talk about how they thought Batman was unconvincing when he fucked Bane up except for you.

Nolan isn't the best at hand to hand combat. Batman is one of the only characters that was able to show that side of Nolan. Blame him if you have to, blame the choreography. How is it Bale's fault? You sound desperate to hate on the guy. Nolan was always great with chase sequences and action, that's one of the main things he's great at. That's not the same as fighting. LOL at your sentence about the Begins dock scene. You really dont know much about this production do you. He shot it quick because he wanted to show us Batman from the criminals perspective (they can barely see him). Again, you fail. It had nothing to do with fight choreography or actors involved.
The way he was backing away from Bane after that inital stance was really weak. And believe me, most people DO complain about that second fight. No one complained about the first fight. When Batman was supposed to be taking the initiative in fight 2, he was completely unconvincing compared to Tom Hardy in the first one. It's one of the reasons why most people rooted for the villains instead of Batman, that and Bale's stupid throat cancer voice.

antovolk wrote:Image
Oh God YES

A Batman worthy of 'The Dark Knight' label 8-)

Addicted2Movies wrote:
MuzzleSuarez wrote:Affleck already looks a million times better than his throat cancer infested predecessor.
Fuck you