Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
HorrorBiz wrote:I always found it funny when people complained about Bale's Batman voice as being too ridiculous, even though the whole concept of Batman is ridiculous in general.
Not only that, there is no right way to speak as Batman. As long as it's deeper with a lower register which i believe was always the description in the comics. I even remember the word "growl". Bale's universe was based more in reality and so he went extreme with it to showcase his rage inside like a form of therapy, and a way to disguise his voice from Bruce Wayne. Im down with the controlled voice, as well as the deep voice modulator but Bale's was just as valid. Im guessing Nolan didn't go the Snyder route with the modulation because he didn't want Bale sounding like a robot or alien. He still wanted some humanity in there. Haters also conveniently forget that Bale had his moments in all three films that were just as subtle and clear as Keaton. He even had moments in the cowl where he spoke normally, when he was with somebody that knew his identity. Though, when he was in batman mode (about to go on a mission) he would growl even if the person knew who he was. Thought was put into it.

The costume doesn't work in the light of day. That's what I always said about making the costume like the comic book - it looks cheesy and like cosplay.

However, it's still possible it will look aleight wih some nifty camerawork and lighting. But I'm just not a fan of being so comic-booky.

Just saying, a film is a film and it should be more believable.

I don't think Batman cares what his suit looks like in the light of day.

shauner111 wrote:
MuzzleSuarez wrote:
It's still just one man's opinion. Conroy has a great voice because it's naturally deep, but he's just a voice actor. He's one of the best, but not the best because he usually sounds the same as Batman and Bruce Wayne. I can care less if he trashed Bale. I can trash his "Bruce Wayne" voice all day. Especially when he tries to get emotional as Batman or Bruce.

All i know is that i loved Bale's voice and he's still my favorite Batman and Bruce Wayne. Im sure Affleck will do better but Bale was awesome.
An opinion that is shared by 99% of all people that Conroy did the best voice for Batman. He knows what he's talking about when it comes to voice work. And even he hadn't commented on Bale, anyone with a right mind could judge that Bale's voice was ridiculous beyond belief.

shauner111 wrote:
HorrorBiz wrote:Not only that, there is no right way to speak as Batman. As long as it's deeper with a lower register which i believe was always the description in the comics. I even remember the word "growl". Bale's universe was based more in reality and so he went extreme with it to showcase his rage inside like a form of therapy, and a way to disguise his voice from Bruce Wayne. Im down with the controlled voice, as well as the deep voice modulator but Bale's was just as valid. Im guessing Nolan didn't go the Snyder route with the modulation because he didn't want Bale sounding like a robot or alien. He still wanted some humanity in there. Haters also conveniently forget that Bale had his moments in all three films that were just as subtle and clear as Keaton. He even had moments in the cowl where he spoke normally, when he was with somebody that knew his identity. Though, when he was in batman mode (about to go on a mission) he would growl even if the person knew who he was. Thought was put into it.
There's no 'right' way to speak as Batman? So you'd be OK if Batman started talking like a girl?

Forum Pro
Law
DoubleD wrote:I don't think Batman cares what his suit looks like in the light of day.

He should.

The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight Rises suit is the only live action batsuit that has worked in both light and dark scenes. What you see is what you get with that suit. Unfortunately Bale's stupid facial expressions (hanging his mouth open and showing us his tongue) and throat cancer voice pretty much killed the coolness of TDK suit.

Law wrote:
DoubleD wrote:I don't think Batman cares what his suit looks like in the light of day.

He should.
LMAO at those guys in the background fighting :lol:
Some guys are like "WTF should I do?"

MuzzleSuarez wrote:An opinion that is shared by 99% of all people that Conroy did the best voice for Batman. He knows what he's talking about when it comes to voice work. And even he hadn't commented on Bale, anyone with a right mind could judge that Bale's voice was ridiculous beyond belief.
99 percent? No.

I never had a problem with Bale's voice. Then i came online and saw the hate. I go by my opinion though, i dont really care about the rest.
MuzzleSuarez wrote:There's no 'right' way to speak as Batman? So you'd be OK if Batman started talking like a girl?
I said this: there is no right way to speak as Batman. As long as it's deeper with a lower register which i believe was always the description in the comics. I even remember the word "growl".

Learn how to read.
MuzzleSuarez wrote:The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight Rises suit is the only live action batsuit that has worked in both light and dark scenes. What you see is what you get with that suit. Unfortunately Bale's stupid facial expressions (hanging his mouth open and showing us his tongue) and throat cancer voice pretty much killed the coolness of TDK suit.
I dont remember his tongue hanging out. His mouth is open because it's hard to breathe in that cowl. That's not some Bale-Batman decision. I never had a problem with his expressions. So he can't open his mouth? Ridiculous.

@MuzzleSuarez: FFS, please stop flogging this dead horse. :facepalm: