Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ChristNolan wrote:If you're over the age of 8 and you pay to see this in theaters, I will laugh. 8 year olds are the clear demographic of this film with the EDGY AWESOME COOL KIDS title it has going for it. Not to mention every character in the DC universe being in it for the sole purpose of selling merchandise.

Dawn of Justice. So le cool 8-)
And you think Marvel didn't make Avengers to sell merchandise.

Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn of Zack Snyder's Ability to Make a Decent Movie.

It's long, but better. :gonf:

If one of you guys doesn't mind, could you explain why you don't like the title? I honestly don't see any problem with it. So I'm genuinely pretty confused as to why its being treated like the coming of Satan or something lol.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:If one of you guys doesn't mind, could you explain why you don't like the title? I honestly don't see any problem with it. So I'm genuinely pretty confused as to why its being treated like the coming of Satan or something lol.
Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

1) V is a roman numeral = 5 It also stands for 'Vagina' and 'Vasectomy'; Vs or vs. stands for 'versus' in latin = against
2) Dawn of Justice is the most generic title ever... Putting these two together is nonsensical and shows zero class

It also sounds like those WB Animated Direct2DVD movies and throws subtlety out the window.

It also feels ridiculously early 2000s

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:If one of you guys doesn't mind, could you explain why you don't like the title? I honestly don't see any problem with it. So I'm genuinely pretty confused as to why its being treated like the coming of Satan or something lol.
They've committed two of the biggest design sins when it comes to art of the title:

1. It's clunky
2. And wholly unoriginal

You can commit one of the two and still make it look decent. But not both. The title, at the most basic sense, should at least inspire some sort of intrigue for the audience. Dawn of Justice tells us what we know - so they covered the part about using info in the title. Even if it is painfully generic. But Batman V Superman is the real killer here. That's just a no no.

m4st4 wrote: 2) Dawn of Justice is the most generic title ever... Putting these two together is nonsensical and shows zero class
Who. the. fuck. cares. This is about the most useless whining over nothing I've seen in a while.

And anyone with a brain knows what V means. Are you serious right now.
Last edited by bootsy on May 21st, 2014, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bootsy wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
MiracleSleeper2 wrote: 2) Dawn of Justice is the most generic title ever... Putting these two together is nonsensical and shows zero class
Who. the. fuck. cares. This is about the most useless whining over nothing I've seen in a while.

And anyone with a brain knows what V means. Are you serious right now.
Fix your quotes bra. I didn't say that lol.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:The title is fine imo. I don't see why people are so let down by it.
Batman's name is first, they're using a V instead of just using Vs., Dawn of Justice is cheesy as crap and sounds like a title for a comic of the Crimson Chin, the title doesn't really work as Bats and Supes won't be fighting throughout the entire film, it's too long.

bootsy wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
MiracleSleeper2 wrote: 2) Dawn of Justice is the most generic title ever... Putting these two together is nonsensical and shows zero class
That's precisely the point. Because of people like you, who approach things with 'who the fuck cares' attitude, we get shit like this as actual products.

Zack Snyder and Co don't give a shit about roman numerals because they probably never used one on a piece of paper... It's a new 'trend' for them: hey, why don't we use V instead of Vs., that would solve (and sold) things. Oh, and get me one of those from the post-it list as a second title.

Batfleck looks great, Batmobile looks great... we're back to square one (almost) with this bs. Gal Gadot might save the month. It's a game of ups and downs when you have a team of so-sos.