Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The name not really Batman vs Superman right?

Also Ben Affleck as batman, well, as long as Nolan and Snyder are behind it, I trust their decision.

Crazy_superman wrote:The name not really Batman vs Superman right?

Also Ben Affleck as batman, well, as long as Nolan and Snyder are behind it, I trust their decision.
I trusted them during production of MoS, and it ended... well, not as good as all of us wanted.

The backlash is going to be ridiculous for a while anyway, some of those silly fanboys think of the old old Ben Affleck, the one who did Gigli and all that shit, and are pissed because he was Daredevil. Since his renaissance, I don't see how you can attack the guy, he probably thought about this long & hard as he said he would never play a superhero again.

I loved MOS but if they made Affleck replace Snyder (wishful dream :D ), I would be ecstatic, maybe for the following movies.

For MOS, it just subverted a lot of the expectations, it's nice to want something, but with a comic book property, the creative team has different ideas about what they want, and that can sometimes clash with the fans, like it did with MOS.

Why the fuck do people believe 100% that this movie is titled "Superman vs Batman"

Nolan calling the shots/casting this film? From the old press release; “Whilst our ‘Dark Knight’ trilogy is complete, we have every confidence that Zack’s fresh interpretation will take the character in a new and exciting direction. His vision for Superman opened the door to a whole new universe and we can’t wait to see what Zack does with these characters.”

= We stick around to help sell the film (and take a few phone calls here and there) but that's it. This is our favour to WB so we can continue making our own expensive movies with their money. YOLO.

I think we all have to wait for the hype to fall off. They did the right move and get the announcement out early so all of us could voice our many opinions. Now, what I am worried about is that ITS A SUPERMAN MOVIE NOT A FUCKING BATMAN MOVIE. Lets focus on Superman please! This is the movie where we should finally see Superman get into his status quo (Saving people and what not) but now that you throw in Batman this may not give Supes the chance to do that.

xWhereAmI? wrote:Why the fuck do people believe 100% that this movie is titled "Superman vs Batman"
Cause it keeps appearing in articles that why.

Crazy_superman wrote:
xWhereAmI? wrote:Why the fuck do people believe 100% that this movie is titled "Superman vs Batman"
Cause it keeps appearing in articles that why.
It's from Goyer:
"We're actually not sure whether the title is Superman Vs Batman or Batman Vs Superman," he added. "But yes, it's that rematch, that combination, the two guys onscreen and that's happening."

I feel so conflicted right now....

I really like Ben Affleck... When he's directing. Not huge on him as an actor but I'll try (emphasis on try) to reserve judgement. Who knows, maybe I'll actually see Bruce Wayne/Batman instead of Affleck.