HBO's The Night Of

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Didn't see a thread after a quick search, though someone should point me in the right direction if I'm wrong.
Drama Criminal Justice, written by Richard Price and Oscar winner Steven Zaillian, directed by Zaillian and starring JamesGandolfini, has been ordered by HBO as a seven-part limited series. The project, originally developed and piloted as a drama series, will now be retooled. The news comes three months after HBO passed on the pilot, which I hear has been garnering interest from other nets. Additionally, Gandolfini and Zaillian, after initially opting for an open-ended series, decided that a limited series would better serve the narrative.

Criminal Justice is a New York-set crime drama loosely inspired by the acclaimed 2008 BBC series of the same name created by Peter Moffat. Price is expected to write all episodes of the project, produced by HBO and BBC Worldwide Prods. I hear it stars Gandolfini as an ambulance-chasing New York City attorney who gets in over-his-head when he takes on the case of a Pakistani (Riz Ahmed) accused of murdering a girl on the Upper West Side. The series co-stars Bill Camp (Lincoln), Payman Maadi (A Separation), and Poorna Jagannathan. BBC Worldwide’s Jane Tranter is executive producing along with Zaillian, Price, Moffat, and Attaboy’s Gandolfini, Mark Armstrong and Nancy Sanders. Film Rites’ Garrett Basch is producing. Additionally, Attaboy, which has an overall deal at HBO, has Big Dead Place in development at the network and recently set up movie Bone Wars starring Gandolfini Steve Carell at HBO Films.

Criminal Justice‘s pickup extends the big momentum limited series have enjoyed over the past few months. Today alone, Fox greenlighted two, 24: Live Another Day starring Kiefer Sutherland and M. Night Shyamalan’s Wayward Pines starring Matt Dillon.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/crimina ... ed-series/

All I needed to know was it's HBO and James Gandolfini. I'm in.

Yeah, this should be awesome. Thinking of checking out the British series too. :thumbup:

Wow, completely forgot about this. :cry: Big De Niro fanboy, though, so i'm still looking forward to it quite a bit.

Getting a lead role on a HBO show is the perfect move for De Niro considering he doesn't really get the best film projects any more, will be amazing to see him on a format like this.

they're gonna reshoot the stuff right?

prince0gotham wrote:they're gonna reshoot the stuff right?
I assume so. Gandolfini will remain executive producer.

prince0gotham wrote:they're gonna reshoot the stuff right?
Gandolfini's character appears only in the final scene of the pilot and the rest of the cast is unchanged, so I guess it would be just a reshoot of that scene, and not of the entire episode. Not sure though - it's HBO, so they might as well redo the whole pilot.