22 Jump Street (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Last summer, Sony announced they were preparing a 21 Jump Street sequel. Jonah Hill followed up to say he was working on the script with Michael Bacall and expected to start filming in September 2013. It looks like all is going according to plan, as Sony announced 21 Jump Street 2 as part of their 2014 slate at CinemaCon. 21 Jump Street was too funny to leave alone and lends itself to a case-of-the-week comedy franchise, so I look forward to another adventure. (21 Jump Street: The College Years?)

Hill and Channing Tatum are expected to reprise their starring roles. Dave Franco says that despite plot logistics, he heard there is a place for him in the sequel. Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller are currently hard at work on the Lego movie, but it sounds like there will be room in their schedule to return to Jump Street.

Hmm.. was the first movie any good? Haven't watched it yet.

oracle86 wrote:Hmm.. was the first movie any good? Haven't watched it yet.
I thought it was decent, but I've seen it referred to by some here has the best comedy of 2012. It's definitely worth a watch tho.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Will they rename it to 22 Jump Street? :P
gib sigs

not sure about this one , 1 st one was ok .
is it necessary to bring a sequel for every fu***ing movie ?

DoubleD wrote:
oracle86 wrote:Hmm.. was the first movie any good? Haven't watched it yet.
I thought it was decent, but I've seen it referred to by some here has the best comedy of 2012. It's definitely worth a watch tho.
It's a comedy masterpiece. One of the best in the past 10 years.

I loved the first - while the second could top it, it'd be hard to do so. What I loved about 21 Jump Street is how there was actually some great observational humour within it, if they keep going with that and try and get some even better observational comedy in then it should be a success. And you can never run out of observational humour as long as you try - going strong for 8 seasons despite a slightly weaker most recent one, Peep Show has proven that.

The first was a masterpiece in comedy. It's very rare. I don't like comedies much, but this film was definitely on my top 10 list of 2012.
President and Chief Financial Officer of The Official Faora Fan Club Est. 2013

oh cool, I'll check it out then. :thumbup:

The first one was funny. I'l probably check this one out.