Spotlight (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Peace wrote:lol do they really need to make this into a movie?

Cilogy wrote:You know, call me a hypocrite or whatever, but I think uncovering abuse that already happened and preventing future kids from having their lives ruined is still worth the media overblow.
Hahahhahaa. Yeah. Future kids won't have their lives ruined cuz 0.1% of the priests out there won't abuse them anymore. Don't worry. There's like the other -at least- 10% of the politicians that do even more horrific stuff... like... being involved in actual human trafficking, drug trafficking, getting 8 to 14 year old girls and boys molested and beaten. There's also like the other 5 to 10% of the medical staff that are involved in traffic of human organs so... those 14 year old boys get molested then eventually kill themselves or get killed and their organs end up in your favorite hospital for $20.000.

You wanna talk about the harsh realities? Stop pointing out the exceptions in religion and make them seem like they are the worst thing that happens on this Earth when you have tons of other really sick shit happening right in your back yard.

The Vatican is responsible for not taking responsibility. That's one thing I will agree with because it's true and it's just dumb from them. If your idiots got caught then be responsible and don't continue to deny the obvious. But what some of you guys are doing is even more sickening. Stop with this biased nonsense and don't let your beliefs or whatever to mess with your objectivity in this matter. :problem:

RIFA wrote:
Cilogy wrote:You know, call me a hypocrite or whatever, but I think uncovering abuse that already happened and preventing future kids from having their lives ruined is still worth the media overblow.
Hahahhahaa. Yeah. Future kids won't have their lives ruined cuz 0.1% of the priests out there won't abuse them anymore. Don't worry. There's like the other -at least- 10% of the politicians that do even more horrific stuff... like... being involved in actual human trafficking, drug trafficking, getting 8 to 14 year old girls and boys molested and beaten. There's also like the other 5 to 10% of the medical staff that are involved in traffic of human organs so... those 14 year old boys get molested then eventually kill themselves or get killed and their organs end up in your favorite hospital for $20.000.

You wanna talk about the harsh realities? Stop pointing out the exceptions in religion and make them seem like they are the worst thing that happens on this Earth when you have tons of other really sick shit happening right in your back yard.

The Vatican is responsible for not taking responsibility. That's one thing I will agree with because it's true and it's just dumb from them. If your idiots got caught then be responsible and don't continue to deny the obvious. But what some of you guys are doing is even more sickening. Stop with this biased nonsense and don't let your beliefs or whatever to mess with your objectivity in this matter. :problem:
This was my point.. they got caught doing something horrible. So if the shit is overblown so be it. They had it coming. The people you mentioned above deserve death as well lol. You don't get to pick how the world and media reacts. You did something wrong so like it or not you gotta deal with the bs that comes along with it.
Say Girl

That doesn't mean that this shouldn't be fixed too.

SilverHeart wrote:
That doesn't mean that this shouldn't be fixed too.
:clap:

I just want the church to notify the cops when it comes out a Priest did something with akid. It's not that it happened. It's that the church let it continue to happen.
Say Girl

It's funny cause DreamWorks made Prince of Egypt.

RIFA wrote:

RIFA you could stop being a jerk for just a second and realize that my comment has nothing to do with my beliefs or my biases or whatever the fuck. I was talking about children being abused on this situation because it was brought up, and regardless of whatever else is going on in the world it's still an issue.

Please stop getting offended by anything even remotely connected to religion, you don't always have to storm in and save the day.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I'm a big fan of modern-day controversial stories, like Wikileaks and sexual abuse within the Catholic Church. So regardless of whether this is gonna be a controversial film or not, I'm very interested to see how this interpreted on film.

Cilogy wrote:RIFA you could stop being a jerk for just a second and realize that my comment has nothing to do with my beliefs or my biases or whatever the fuck. I was talking about children being abused on this situation because it was brought up, and regardless of whatever else is going on in the world it's still an issue.

Please stop getting offended by anything even remotely connected to religion, you don't always have to storm in and save the day.
I prefer to be a jerk when I see comments like yours and Peace's that are totally biased. Nobody said this shouldn't be fixed. I SAD IT SHOULD BE FIXED. But acting like it's the god damn worst thing that happened since the Holocaust is not sane either. Not to mention making a movie about it that will obviously push even more crap talk and induce the idea that the Church is responsible for such behaviors, while guys like you will push this idiotic myth even further.

Ignoring the terrifying things that happen outside of church and basically barely caring about that because those guys didn't get caught like a priest with no money in Atlanta did, and GENERALIZING saying "kids won't have their lives ruined" cuz you dealt with few priests is not healthy and it's plain wrong and hypocritical. GENERALIZING and making it look like religion is responsible for a big part of the kids that are being abused IS WRONG.

How about make some sense before storm me and accuse me of being a jerk? I defend logic and fairness and what some of you do is definitely not that. I'm just sick of seeing generalized comments from y'all. Y'all as worse as those people in the Vatican who couldn't deal with what some of their own members did and tried to avoid responsibility. Riding the media's own obvious agenda just cuz you don't have sympathy for the Church is not fair. You might as well go rally against the Church with "NO TO VATICAN" posters held up... you're no less different to me than those people with the comments you posted here and in some other threads about this stuff. I avoided getting in many discussions on this board lately, mainly because sometimes it's a waste of time to get in an argument, and because I'm also having a pretty difficult time now focusing on stuff, but some of these comments in this thread were just too much.

RIFA I'm not biased. I also said I don't want this stupid movie to be made. I just take issue the church would try and cover something like that up. I don't go around making Catholic jokes or act like the Catholic Church is responsible. I just am not a fan of how they tried to cover it up. I know anyone would try to cover something like this up but it's still wrong. I don't like anyone who covers up abuse. I don't think the Chruch is a nesting ground for pervs. The Church just did not handle the situation very well. And that is very much news because the Church tries to tell us how to live. It was very hypicritical.

That's what gets me. Also I'm sure there is child abuse going on in all the demoninations. It happens everywhere. Not just at church. And it really gets to me.. that people would cover that stuff up. Teachers get shuffled around after they bang students alot of the time. My 8th grade teacher had fucked one of my friends' dad while he was in school.

I'm sick of the shit being covered up.
Say Girl