Ex Machina (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
DoubleD wrote:
Nomis wrote:It deserves money.
It deserves a bigger release in theaters also. This literally played for like 5 days at my local theater.
It has quite a long time in the theaters in my country. Both large and small theaters. Lost River only got a week in the small theaters lol

(now Blu-ray)

Where were you two days ago?!

So, after I let it sink in a bit, ending seems pretty fitting. Immediate aftershock was due to...
... my attachment to Gleeson's character (very good performance). So, just like him, I felt disappointed in life. Ava has all the rights... or does she? Ex Machina makes you question all three characters.

m4st4 wrote:Where were you two days ago?!

So, after I let it sink in a bit, ending seems pretty fitting. Immediate aftershock was due to...
... my attachment to Gleeson's character (very good performance). So, just like him, I felt disappointed in life. Ava has all the rights... or does she? Ex Machina makes you question all three characters.
Didn't you like the ending the first time? I did but the way it was done has yet to really convince me. I thought the machines stabbing Nathan was good but then him being amazed by it.... Not. I liked that Ava was the one who was testing them and that she got out though I wonder how watertight her plan was to lock him up and Nathan being dead (wouldn't the world find out what he was doing there someday?). However, it was very exciting when Caleb was the one who was locked up and that she walked out. Those final couple of minutes were very different and made the ending of the film end on a different tone than when Ava locked Caleb up. I liked that she was at a crossroad, which totally made sense, also her experiencing the outside world but still. Gotta get used to it I think.

antovolk wrote:Image
(now Blu-ray)

downloading it right naow.

the_red_ninja wrote:
antovolk wrote:Image
(now Blu-ray)

downloading it right naow.
Report back after seeing it

Rewatching the fuck out of this tonight or tomorrow.

-Vader

A stage-format , kinda predictable sci-fi story about an A.I development. Nothing really stands out (outside of some dialogue while characters gaze to the horizon , which made me think i could have wrote some of its sententious lines. But that's because i'm kinda juvenile and pretty bad at writing. Also some quotes become almost a meta-commentary about the dialogue itself). Direction itself is not particularly great .

Oscar Isaac , as always , is charming as fuck. He does the best with what he has. She is beautiful as hell (i think that was the purpose).

I would put this next to The Signal released last year. Enjoyable but somewhat predicable simple sci/fi stories. This one is a little bit more overbearing. But it deserves to be watched

Dance scene is probably the best of the movie.

(the post sounds kinda negative , but it wasn't my intention)

Finally saw it yesterday, it was excellent. Loved the performances especially Isaac's.
8.75/10 - We'll definitely be getting this on Blu-ray.

I fucking loved this. I've developed a bad habit of browsing on my phone while watching movies in my apartment, but it remarkably never once occurred to me to pick up my phone during Ex Machina. It's intoxicatingly thrilling and thematically heavy, and I think I need to see it multiple times to soak it all in.

Also I wanna bang Alicia Vikander please.