Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
No love for Thelma & Louise?

theseeker9175 wrote:No love for Thelma & Louise?
Plenty.

Pratham wrote:trailer's gonna be epic. that's fo sho.

i may or june hav seen it.
depends on which one they go for in the end

m4st4 wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
m4st4 wrote:It's similarly shitty to be glass half full sorta guy, trust me. The best is forget about the glass and just wait for some solid info on it's quality.

I always have faith in Ridley doing historical epics though. Even Robin Hood was solid (Extended, for Cate Blanchett fans, especially).
it was?

-Vader
Checked my book... yup. Solid as in 3/5, possibly even 3.5. I'm a sucker for Blanchett as Marion like that. ;)

But Scott's top tier work was always KOH:DC (third best for me after Alien/Blade Runner) and Gladiator.
I would go as far as saying that it was almost a 3 out of 4. Was a very good epic film until some things started to fall apart near the end. Still didn't fell into the mediocre territory. Not a huge fan of Helgeland though, Scott should have chosen another writer.£

I wouldn't call Robin Hood epic. Maybe that's why it was so cringe... it wasn't epic.

The directing and production design were as great as Koh/Gladiator, the script and the acting (I really didnt Crowe in this and his weird changing accent) weren't

I liked Robin Hood, my only problem being the Saving Private Ryan-styled final battle.

Had a lot of issues with that movie including the title.

RIFA wrote:I wouldn't call Robin Hood epic. Maybe that's why it was so cringe... it wasn't epic.
It was meh. It had the potential to be great. I think the problem lays in the script. The cast was great. I think Scott needed a deeper more emotional script and he could've made it work.

I still have faith in him making something great of Exodus, the 'weakest' link so far is himself but I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Robin Hood would've been good if Robin Hood wasn't in it.