Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
celibate wrote:I showed you the door. if you decide not to walk through it., thats on you.

Guys don't waste your time. I wasn't there during celibate's initial "reign" on NF, but it's pretty clear the dude's trolling.

Ruth wrote:Guys don't waste your time. I wasn't there during celibate's initial "reign" on NF, but it's pretty clear the dude's trolling.
It's always fun with him. But let me tell you one thing for certain, that guy isn't trolling, like for real. He believes in whatever light that struck his head. My guess is the ceiling is just low in the basement.

celibate wrote:I showed you the door. if you decide not to walk through it., thats on you.
You showed nothing and articulated nothing. Done with you.

You're welcome to message me. I'm not spoiling the movie, because most folks havnt seen it on here.

Okay guys, you heard him, everyone send Celibate a special PM if you want to unlock the mysteries of Exodus: God and Kings deep themes

:lol:

Because ya know, I guess he doesn't know how to use Spoiler tags either.

Echovoid_52 wrote:Okay guys, you heard him, everyone send Celibate a special PM if you want to unlock the mysteries of Exodus: God and Kings deep themes

:lol:

Because ya know, I guess he doesn't know how to use Spoiler tags either.

I know how to use spoiler tags, but I'm not trying to make this a conversation between me, you, and folks who havnt seen the film but want to comment on what we're saying without actually having context just because they want to instigate. You dont have to message me. I just said that the option was there.

Unless Ridley has a change of heart, it looks like there won't be an extended cut . :|

Just got out of this film and I was pleasantly surprised. It was pretty good and not as bad as the disaster implied by the 28% RT rating. Ridley Scott is still great at directing medieval battle sequences and the atmosphere of ancient Egypt is passably captured despite the great but white washed cast and over reliance on CGI. The film is overall very forgettable but harmless and manages to have one or two memorable moments such as
the plagues terrorizing Egypt, the parting of the sea, and Ramses' discovery of his dead son.
. The acting in the major roles is very good with Bale and Edgerton leading the way. Ben Mendhelson impressed me the most though with his enjoyably menacing performance. Kingsley and Aaron Paul are unfortunately given very little to work with, and the inclusion of John Turturro and Sigourney Weaver brought more laughs to me than anything. If you're looking for a thematically deep and memorable religious epic then this isn't going to impress you l, but if you're bored and want something a little more ambitious than your traditional popcorn blockbuster then you'll find this worth seeing I think.

7.5/10

The difference between Noah and Exodus is Noah was a disaster event film genre (Aronofsky often referred to it as such in the press).

And Exodus is a film about ideas. Like Inception. The narrative and conflict is taking place on the plane of ideas.