Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Someone lock both of these threads

This thread was nice with a cup o' morning coffee. :D

shauner111 wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:I don't know how much Scott's age has to do with the quality of is work. There was always the "Someone To Watch Over Me's" and the G.I. Janes" and stuff. I think age has made his problems worse then before, but he's never been known for making consiatently good films. Gladiator was his first real hit I like 20 years (18 to be precise)
Yes, but don't you think there's been too many in a row in the last 10 to 15 years compared to before? He has never been a consistent director. But now it's getting much worse.
Yeh I cant deny that, I'm just saying he's always had a problem with consistency. In the early 2000's it seemed like he kind of fixed that and it seemed almost like he was a new person... but it didn't last long, and now it's worse than ever yes.

Kinda deflated Ridley still hasn't found his grove, following on Robin Hood and Prometheus and The Counsellor. Judging by the reactions, obviously.

Even though I enjoyed the latter two it's harsh to see Scott being viewed with dismay from critics who'd expect better from 'The Director Of 'Alien' and 'Gladiator'' I guess, sad as I am to admit, he's past it.

It's at 43 % on Rotten Tomatoes.

I was gonna make a scripture joke and realized it was too easy

shauner111 wrote:It's at 43 % on Rotten Tomatoes.
It's a shame, really. Not sure if I should waste my money on this.

shauner111 wrote:It's at 43 % on Rotten Tomatoes.

Zero Sunday School for the critics back in the days confirmed.

m4st4 wrote:Zero Sunday School for the critics back in the days confirmed.
lmao