Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm giving up on Scott, I'm not even that excited for The Martian now

He made great films at the start of the century. But his last 4-5 films have been complete stinkers. Sorry Ridley

Im sure Bale and Edgerton will be entertaining, but after some of the recent clips i've seen, i dont have much faith in this movie. No pun intended.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:I'm giving up on Scott, I'm not even that excited for The Martian now

He made great films at the start of the century. But his last 4-5 films have been complete stinkers. Sorry Ridley
I'm sure you'll be fapping again once the first Martian trailer comes out. :lol:

Forum Pro
Law
Allstar wrote:
Jordan Hoffman ‏@jhoffman
Mohammad So-and-So really dodged a bullet. EXODUS sucks.
:lol:
Sounds like he went in with planned hatred for the film.

I actually still can't wait for this and The Martian will be dope for sure if Ridley is going back to his Sci-fi roots ;)

Starfox wrote:I actually still can't wait for this and The Martian will be dope for sure if Ridley is going back to his Sci-fi roots ;)
Prometheus, though.

Law wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Jordan Hoffman ‏@jhoffman
Mohammad So-and-So really dodged a bullet. EXODUS sucks.
:lol:
Sounds like he went in with planned hatred for the film.

People still dont acknowledge the fact that some people's minds go Haywire at the idea of the Bible. They need to hate it. anything associated with it. It's the object of their judgement and hatred, but what does psychology say about that? It's a form of worship that's self destructive.

The funny part is that Exodus is about an Atheist man that finds Faith in the word of God. So if you already told yourself that's a journey youre against, how is the film ever gonna take flight in the realm of ideas within you?

celibate wrote:

People still dont acknowledge the fact that some people's minds go Haywire at the idea of the Bible. They need to hate it. anything associated with it. It's the object of their judgement and hatred, but what does psychology say about that? It's a form of worship that's self destructive.

The funny part is that Exodus is about an Atheist man that finds Faith in the word of God. So if you already told yourself that's a journey youre against, how is the film ever gonna take flight in the realm of ideas within you?
Or maybe *gasp* the film just isn't good.

celibate wrote: People still dont acknowledge the fact that some people's minds go Haywire at the idea of the Bible. They need to hate it. anything associated with it. It's the object of their judgement and hatred, but what does psychology say about that? It's a form of worship that's self destructive.

I mean, 83% of Americans are Christian, and although that statistic obviously drops in any field that's largely critical thinking, it's still a majority. The movie's made by an incredibly vocal atheist too, and stars someone who openly thinks Moses was batshit insane. It isn't like critics are watching it under the impression Scott is trying to convert them, and the film community has hailed numerous Biblical movies in the past.

celibate wrote:
Law wrote: Sounds like he went in with planned hatred for the film.

whats with you and all this bible stuff lately? dating a christian girl?