Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I can't actually imagine how are Sony Pictures going to continue this franchise without the MCU. If these movies are separate from the MCU, that means they can't reference their movies. And if their point is to continue making stories with the same cast and crew, how are they going to continue a Spider-Man story that has been thus far connected to the MCU in every single aspect? Spidey's entire character is connected to Stark. The villains he has fought were Stark's rivals who just so happen to fight Spider-Man. This Spider-Man was created to be part of the MCU. He never stood on his own. How are they going to coherently continue this franchise when they can't even reference any of the things that make this Spider-Man a character? Granted, that was also the reason why me and some other folks did not like this version of Spider-Man, as he felt more like a side character to Stark than a hero of his own. But still, what are they gonna do? I suppose they will just do what they did on ASM2, when they abounded everything they set up in the first movie, like the tone and the subplot revolving around Uncle Ben's killer, and just make a completely different movie.

After thinking about it more, Disney is being pathetic. Lmao

They're losing more money this way than if they kept to their deal with Sony.

This makes me respect Sony so much more tbh.

It's Offical:

'Spider-Man' Studio Sony Goes Public with Marvel Movie Divorce: "We Are Disappointed" (Exclusive)
Sony Pictures is vowing to carry on the Spider-Man franchise without Marvel Studios’ involvement, placing the blame on Disney for cutting the successful inter-studio co-operation short.

In a statement obtained exclusively by The Hollywood Reporter, the studio says it is “disappointed” that Marvel president Kevin Feige will no longer act as lead producer on the film franchise, squarely laying the decision at Disney’s feet.

“Much of today’s news about Spider-Man has mischaracterized recent discussions about Kevin Feige’s involvement in the franchise,” says a Sony spokesperson. “We are disappointed, but respect Disney’s decision not to have him continue as a lead producer of our next live action Spider-Man film.”

The studio then says Feige, who shepherds the robust Marvel Cinematic Universe for Disney-owned Marvel, may just have too much on his plate, given that Disney recently acquired additional Marvel characters via its acquisition of 21st Century Fox.

“We hope this might change in the future, but understand that the many new responsibilities that Disney has given him – including all their newly added Marvel properties – do not allow time for him to work on IP they do not own,” says the statement. “Kevin is terrific and we are grateful for his help and guidance and appreciate the path he has helped put us on, which we will continue.”

All summer long I've been seeing the Spider Man safety video they did for United airlines so I am v qualified to have an opinion on this.

I'm glad that Sony is sticking up for themselves. That safety tie in video is pure cinema.

Lmao @Sony... shots fired. What a statement. :lol:

Anyway, as long as this means Tom Holland and Tom Hardy together in a movie, this is alright. And no more Stark toys for Spidey, just Spidey.

Plus I’m sure Spiderverse 2 and Spider Gwen will probably be better than most MCU entries so whatever.

let me unsubscribe from threads pls

So Spiderman will not be in anymore MCU films?
Will Tom Holland be okay?

Good! Time to hang up the live action Spidey movies. There's already been 7 it's the same shit over and over again just like every MCU movies. Sam Raimi first and second is still the best live action Spidey version even though he fucked up Gwen Stacey story line. Bring me the Spiderverse movies Sony. Fuck Disney/Marvel you greedy shit. Not a single MCU movies can even hold a candle to Spiderman 2, Spiderverse, X2, X-men DOFP and Logan. Capt Winter Soldier is what come close.