The Fault in Our Stars (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Bacon wrote:
Nopenopenopenopenope not watching

BroskiSabor wrote:
Bacon wrote:
why naaaat? just do it. come on john, you've actually read the book yo.

Now that I've seen it proper with decent sound, I think it is gonna be great yo.

BroskiSabor wrote:
Bacon wrote:
:? It looks fine.

that trailer was bad, bad, bad. Pompous pondering (and moralizing) on how "life really is". Nothing here you haven't seen millions of times before

whatever

Robin wrote:that trailer was bad, bad, bad. Pompous pondering (and moralizing) on how "life really is". Nothing here you haven't seen millions of times before

whatever
Read the book. If the movie follows the book (which the trailer seems to be doing), it won't be something you've seen millions of times before.

"No no no no no nonooonoonononononononojno"

Shut up, and give this movie a chance :lol:

I can't do it. John Green and his novels have held a dear spot in my heart for many years now and I'm so scared to see any of his material not up to par.

BroskiSabor wrote:I can't do it. John Green and his novels have held a dear spot in my heart for many years now and I'm so scared to see any of his material not up to par.
:| Green himself said that he was extremely happy with how true it was to the source material. The trailer seems to be close to it as well, except that the trailer's trying to appeal more to the fangirl audience. I don't see how you can just shrug it off just because you can't see the movie not be as good as the book. That's like saying I will never see The Dark Knight Rises (regardless of everyone's critically positive response) cause I don't want to be disappointed if it's not as good as the other two.

Bacon wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote:I can't do it. John Green and his novels have held a dear spot in my heart for many years now and I'm so scared to see any of his material not up to par.
:| Green himself said that he was extremely happy with how true it was to the source material. The trailer seems to be close to it as well, except that the trailer's trying to appeal more to the fangirl audience. I don't see how you can just shrug it off just because you can't see the movie not be as good as the book. That's like saying I will never see The Dark Knight Rises (regardless of everyone's critically positive response) cause I don't want to be disappointed if it's not as good as the other two.
I'm not completely shrugging it off. You can expect to see me at the theater opening day for this one I'm just not pleased with how it's being marketed so far (with the first poster) because I think, just like you said, it's purposefully trying to appeal to the pre-teen/teenage girl crowd. Not to mention the fact that being scared of disappointment is totally reasonable.