The Fault in Our Stars (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
BroskiSabor wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote:Do you think that there might be a chance to do a movie of Looking for Alaska if this is a sucess?
I'd say so. All of Green's books have been speculated as someday being big screen adaptations and I think the market for them is only growing. The 'teen' movie is pretty hot in Hollywood right now and if this does well, LfA is in exactly the same vein, so they'd have to adapt it!
Well, a company already has the rights for the film (Paramount) and there's already a treatment for the film (by the creator of the OC), so it wouldn't be that difficult to make the film. :D

(btw that book was so good!)

BroskiSabor wrote:
Octaviana wrote:I have read the book and I liked it very much (My review here)
I'm excited about the movie but... Ansel doesn't even resemble my image of Augustus.
I'm the opposite, Shailene doesn't fit my picture of Hazel.

Glad you enjoyed the book, though. Try Looking For Alaska next. It's even more "beautifully painful" in my opinion.
I was going to read Looking for Alaska first but someone spoiled it for me. A very big spoiler...

Octaviana wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote:
Octaviana wrote:I have read the book and I liked it very much (My review here)
I'm excited about the movie but... Ansel doesn't even resemble my image of Augustus.

Glad you enjoyed the book, though. Try Looking For Alaska next. It's even more "beautifully painful" in my opinion.
I was going to read Looking for Alaska first but someone spoiled it for me. A very big spoiler...
Lol probably not. A big event happens just 1/2 way through the book, and it's sorta obvious as you read.

Bacon wrote:
Octaviana wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote:

Lol probably not. A big event happens just 1/2 way through the book, and it's sorta obvious as you read.
I wouldn't say it's sorta obvious, but it doesn't make the book not worth reading, believe me. If you liked TFioS, I can't imagine you not liking Looking for Alaska.

BroskiSabor wrote:
Bacon wrote:
Octaviana wrote: I was going to read Looking for Alaska first but someone spoiled it for me. A very big spoiler...
I wouldn't say it's sorta obvious, but it doesn't make the book not worth reading, believe me. If you liked TFioS, I can't imagine you not liking Looking for Alaska.
Ok. When I finish The Ocean at the end of the lane, I'll read it :) I was going to pick another John Green's book anyway. You guys made it easier to decide which one. Thanks for the recommendation.

Octaviana wrote: Ok. When I finish The Ocean at the end of the lane, I'll read it :) I was going to pick another John Green's book anyway. You guys made it easier to decide which one. Thanks for the recommendation.
You're making a smart choice :thumbup:

Bacon wrote:Image
I came here to post it. Miles is starting to convince me as Augustus.

Shailene :?
:P Just kidding Allstar. I can't judge anything from the poster. I'm so eager to see a John Green novel unfold on the big screen, and his excitement in the project gives me lots of faith.

Octaviana wrote:
I came here to post it. Miles is starting to convince me as Augustus.
That's Ansel, not Miles.

"One sick love story" - might give off the wrong impression.