Blackhat (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Law wrote:
Mahiya_Borden wrote:Seriously Mann? Hemsworth???

They're really trying to make this dude an A-list, he'll probably end-up like Reynolds. The dude has no talent/charisma whatsoever.
He's the equivalent of Megan Fox.
You might be the most ignorant member on this site.
Lol. Trust me, on NF there are several contenders to that title.

They're really trying to make this dude an A-list, he'll probably end-up like Reynolds. The dude has no talent/charisma whatsoever.
I'm not sure about Hemsworth - there are a lot of better actors than him in the young generation which Mann could have chosen, including his Avengers co-star Chris Evans (in my opinion he's pretty strong). But he's a good actor's director - I know I can't fault that many of the performances at all in Heat, Last of the Mohicans, The Insider and Collateral even if they had stronger actors generally, so maybe Hemsworth will be alright.

christophmac wrote:

I'm not sure about Hemsworth - there are a lot of better actors than him in the young generation which Mann could have chosen, including his Avengers co-star Chris Evans (in my opinion he's pretty strong). But he's a good actor's director - I know I can't fault that many of the performances at all in Heat, Last of the Mohicans, The Insider and Collateral even if they had stronger actors generally, so maybe Hemsworth will be alright.
In Mann I trust. I love his movies so I have no choice than to accept his decision. I'm willing to eat crows if Hemsworth is great in it.
From the Avengers crew, he's definitely the worst actor.

I agree with christophmac Evans would have been a better pick but schedule conflict was an issue. I'll take Hemsworth, hes a decent actor making good carrer moves. As long as its not Channing I'm happy.

Chris on set. This movie is looking stylish so far. 8-) 8-) Can't wait to see what Mann the gawd does with this

Chekhov incarnated

Chris Hemsworth has no talent? LOLZ, the things you read on the Internet, never disappoints.

He is great as Thor, and I mean, truly great, he has great presence, great great charisma (seriously, how can you say he has NO charisma?), his turn as Thor, especially in Thor (he should have had a bigger part in The Avengers) is impressive. He is also really solid in The Cabin In The Woods, and let's not forget about his 5 min screentime in Star Trek that had a lot of people talking about him.

If anything, I have a feeling he's going to convince the doubters with Rush, where it looks like he's going to be fantastic.

Call me a fanboy if you want, but don't judge acting unless you know what you're actually talking about......

agree

Jax_Teller wrote:Chris Hemsworth has no talent? LOLZ, the things you read on the Internet, never disappoints.

He is great as Thor, and I mean, truly great, he has great presence, great great charisma (seriously, how can you say he has NO charisma?), his turn as Thor, especially in Thor (he should have had a bigger part in The Avengers) is impressive. He is also really solid in The Cabin In The Woods, and let's not forget about his 5 min screentime in Star Trek that had a lot of people talking about him.

If anything, I have a feeling he's going to convince the doubters with Rush, where it looks like he's going to be fantastic.

Call me a fanboy if you want, but don't judge acting unless you know what you're actually talking about......
His turn as Thor. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Such a tough role to play. He bulked up, put on a armour and then grabbed a hammer. That's it. (I'm exaggerating I know :twisted: )
Hiddleston clearly stole the show in Thor and even Avengers. From the cast of Avengers, Hemsworth's clearly the less talented of the bunch. I'm not surprised his role was so downplayed in it.
And don't even talk to me about Cabin.
You see something in him that I don't. I truly hope I'll change my mind with Rush.

Hemsworth haters are pathetic.