Blackhat (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
February 19th, 2019, 10:54 pm
I dunno the best thread for this, but I'm doing the OneHeatMinute podcast by Blake Howard. Recording soon, unsure when the episode will air.

I've done a deep dive into Mann the last few months, and he's risen to become one of my favorite filmmakers period.

-Vader
Have you seen all his films now?

Vader182 wrote:
February 19th, 2019, 10:54 pm
I dunno the best thread for this, but I'm doing the OneHeatMinute podcast by Blake Howard. Recording soon, unsure when the episode will air.

I've done a deep dive into Mann the last few months, and he's risen to become one of my favorite filmmakers period.

-Vader
For those who would like to listen, here's a link below:

ia/1d572d-ohm_128_bh.mp3

It was an absolute blast to record. And yes, I wax poetic about Miami Vice. Also talk about Antonioni, Altman, and how Mann is a master of using space as metaphors for his character's feelings.

-Vader

One of those times when I forget about our occassional forum hickups and just respect the knowledge and input. Thanks for the link, V.

again, don't know if this is the right place for this, but i can announce there is now a Last 12 Minutes of the Mohicans podcast mini-series, and I was privileged enough to be invited back for one of those 12 episodes

you can read about it here:
https://twitter.com/BlakeisBatman/statu ... 595512833

other guests include MZS, Bilge Ebiri, Kris Tapley, Walter Chew, Manohla Dargis, Jen Johans, Travis Woods, some others and Michael Mann himself.

I could not be more excited about it. Now to get Blake to do a Miami Vice podcast..

-Vader

Vader what's your favorite Mann?

I love several of them but Heat always wins, it's one of my favorite movies ever.

Congrats on the Podcast, those are some really cool names in the world of film media, and, of course, the master himself!

radewart wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 8:48 pm
Vader what's your favorite Mann?

I love several of them but Heat is one of my favorite movies ever.

Congrats on the Podcast, those are some really cool names in the world of film media!
Heat all the way. The Insider and Miami Vice trade places for number 2. But I like or love most of his work.

No matter how many times I try, I can't click with Public Enemies or Manhunter. I haven't seen Ali really.

-Vader

Most of his output is pretty good. I really like Thief and Manhunter along with Heat, Insider, Collateral, Mohicans. The only Mann I don't like is The Keep, a horror flick that just doesn't work.

I love Mann, but like Tarantino and Spielberg, he announces a new project he is interested in working on like every six months. He should just pick one and focus on it, cause he is 76 years old. Though, I'd be lying, if I said I wouldn't be there opening day for a Heat 2.

Interesting enough Heat is already kinda a sequel because Mann made a TV movie in 1989 called L.A Takedown this was an early version of the Heat story. It focus is almost exclusively on the Vincent Hanna character later played by Pacino.

Wait, no love for Collateral?? Man, I just love those city lights and orange sky. And that soundtrack.