What Was the Last Episode of TV You Watched

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Harley Quinn season 2 episode 9. I think this is legit one of the best shows DC has ever done.

I've been watching "Hannibal" reruns on Netflix. It is really good so far. I finished season 1 in about 2 days and I'm not usually much of a binge watcher. Wish I and many others watched it on its initial run on NBC so it wouldn't of been cancelled after three season. I'm shocked how gruesome and gory it is for network television.

Just finished "Dark" and it was awesome and my top 5-list of my favorite final episodes of complete TV-shows is finally filled out!

01. "Lost" - "The End"
02. "Person of Interest" - "return 0"
03. "Breaking Bad" - "Felina"
04. "The Leftovers" - "The Book of Nora"
05. "Dark" - "Das Paradies"

Ya girl finally started watching The Sopranos, you guys. Like, it’s actually happening.

On episode 10 atm. Can anybody please tell me there WILL be a moment in this show when I don’t absolutely loathe Livia Soprano?

I dunno what I was expecting but I wasn’t prepared to hate a character that bad

Livia Soprano is life, don't you just love Marchands performance?

Nomis wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 10:21 am
Livia Soprano is life, don't you just love Marchands performance?
nah i think me being triggered by a character is a testament to said actor’s performance

but i’m still triggered lol

lolol

she's that good

I watched all episodes of the first 2 seasons of Twin Peaks, as well as Fire Walk With Me. Fascinating show (even if some moments and the acting occasionally are a bit cringeworthy) but I appreciate protagonists like Cooper because he is absolutely singular in that you get a sense of his moral righteousness and he's not some edgelord, hardened police officer but just a decent guy with goofy dreams who enjoys his coffee who also owns a tape recorder he uses...a lot. I've heard people talk about Twin Peaks for years without ever actually having seen more than the pilot and the first episode so, for one, the characters had not become familiar to me yet when I dove back into it yesterday. I have liked some of Lynch's stuff in the past (Blue Velvet, The Elephant Man) but some of his other stuff I have found less easy to get excited about (Lost Highway, for instance, has one very tense scene involving a phone call but I remember very few details from the rest of that film tbh).
It also helps put into perspective a lot of shows that have come in its wake (a mystery town full of strange happenings populated by eccentric people who are all interconnected is not exactly novel nowadays but I'm trying to put myself into that 90s headspace where this kind of story was told less frequently) and while this is a mystery story, there are some very clear horror elements (not only thematically but also stylistically) being deployed here. In a lot of ways, this feels like a Stephen King-like story but also at the same time more artful and melancholic. In other ways, it feels like a goofy soap opera too but I can appreciate that too in small doses. The first season and first half of the second season are great, then the show stumbles until it gets back up for the finale. I have a new perspective on David Lynch's work now.

Also,
Bob
is terrifying.

I'm into 3 first episodes of Squid Game and... I'm pretty sure it should have been a movie. Episode 2 was just a giant filler episode and three only got going once the game started. I think a tighter, leaner story would have been better for it.

I'm also finishing season 2 of Ted Lasso (really strong, although I fear what they're doing with the whole love triangle between Keyliegh, Roy and Jaime)

I'm also halfway through Only Murders in the Building - pretty fun but I'll keep my score until I finish it.

I've finished American Crime Stories. Much like any anthology series, this has its ups and downs. I liked episode 3 the most though.

I've started Them and I'm two episodes in but it's pretty good. I don't get the poor reviews. I guess the racism is too overt and a bit cartoonish but I assume it was supposed to be that way, kind of Stepward's Wives level of outherworldliness and not a realistic portrayal of the times.