What Was the Last Episode of TV You Watched

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
So true

I will cling onto a little shimmer of hope that one day HBO will make a sequel to Rome lol

It's been years since I saw it but I remember quite liking Cleopatra's story. I agree with the recasting of Octavianus though, the kid was pretty good in the first season and I understand why they recast him but still... It really is like you're watching two entirely different characters even though it's the same as the first just grown up.

It's production value was top notch though, for both seasons.

Lmao dude, don't give me hope.

I was honestly just really annoyed by the actress. She just didn't feel like Cleopatra to me at all. And the writing did her no favors too.

So the kid was still very young, too young to be able to play Octavius on his way of becoming Augustus, but I feel like at that point they should have just yolo'd their way with it and keep the kid. It's not a documentary. Or do a recast earlier. He's recast at a very specific point of the show where I felt like it was crucial for us to see the continuity of what he went through afterwards, meaning it was a bad point to just swap actors.

or perhaps the actor could've done a better job 8-) :lol: idk lol he was fine but it was a bit jarring

Okay so this is really random, because I’d never heard of this show before, but I saw someone on instagram watch it, googled it and thought why not? So I watched a couple of episodes of this Spanish show called Money Heist / La Casa de Papel. It’s honestly pretty damn good, but I have a soft spot for heists and that kind of crap. It’s rather ridiculous though. And it’s more melodramatic than I’d wish. I’m like 4 episodes in, and there are already multiple romance/love subplots going I’m already like CHILL.THE.FUCK.OUT OH MY GOD lmao. And I have a feeling it’s only going to get worse. But something’s making me want to keep going. The acting’s great and the premise is pretty intriguing.
I have no idea why a girl like Tokyo would ever be included in an elaborate heist like this. It’s like in episode one we’re introduced to all of the specialty skills of the members, and we get to see them be put into good use (mostly), but she’s literally there to do everything but stay calm & stable and follow the plan lmao

Is anyone here watching the new Queer Eye? It is so wholesome and such a lovely show.

I have such a blast watching it.

Artemis wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 7:14 pm
Is anyone here watching the new Queer Eye? It is so wholesome and such a lovely show.

Love Queer Eye, will always watch it. Season 1 is my favourite tho.

the_red_ninja wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 4:29 am
Artemis wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 7:14 pm

Love Queer Eye, will always watch it. Season 1 is my favourite tho.
I've been skipping around with the episodes. I watched the Kenny episode last night and it was so wholesome and made me so happy.

I'm always so happy after I watch the show.

Episode #4 of The Boys, "The Female of the Species". The more I watch the show the more I like it. This episode in particular had some great dialogue involving Spice Girls. :thumbup:
So far enjoying the semi-realistic aspects of superheroes the most (privatization, commercialization, media skewing, politics and army), things that get disregarded in your usual hero flick.
CGI is very impressive, by the way. Ending of the 1st episode had
Homelander laser-eye cut through a private jet flying at full speed during a storm, looked better than stuff out of Batman v Superman.

Watched the pilot of The Leftovers, as I’ve been meaning to do for the longest time. Sooooooo... maybe starting this show at my most depressed state in months wasn’t like my best attempt at decision making but here we go

Getting through The Expanse is becoming a real slog; the most unexceptional show I've probably seen. One positive is that I'll get to see David Strathairn soon, and hope he will lively up the show.

EDIT: I may have been a bit impatient; season 3 is kicking ass so far. And I have not yet even seen David Strathairn.
On a side note, it's uncanny how this show resembles Billions in terms of how they progressed quality-wise - Billions season 3 was also on another level compared to its previous seasons.