Black Mass (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I hope this prevails. If not the film then at least Depp lol.

Last edited by Panapaok on April 23rd, 2015, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That forehead is distracting.

I know the early reactions have been nothing but praise for Depp but I still can't get past that effing makeup. If he does give a creepy 'performance', it won't be for the right reasons.

shauner111 wrote:That forehead is distracting.

Depp looks incredible and teaser was great. Definitely a supporter of Scott Cooper.

I don't understand the make-up complaints (same with Carell in Foxcatcher). I think it's just another tool for filmmakers so as to tell the stories they want. Depp looks pretty great in this, even though the scene is similar to Joe Pesci's classic scene in Goodfellas. I'm very interested.

Panapaok wrote:I don't understand the make-up complaints (same with Carell in Foxcatcher). I think it's just another tool for filmmakers so as to tell the stories they want. Depp looks pretty great in this, even though the scene is similar to Joe Pesci's classic scene in Goodfellas. I'm very interested.
There's good makeup and then there's bad makeup and this is the later. But even Depp aside, I'm not going to get my hopes up (and I'm a fan of gritty dramas). This looks like another Killing Them Softly/Out of the Furnace.