Warcraft (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Some people probably hated it because that poster was the definition of laziness.

The original one, the monotone teaser poster that was released early in TDKR production was great (at least, I thought it was).

Then they just added a fiery burn and pasted bats in front of it, which doesn't fit at all. Woo-hoo!

At least it's eye catching. These are just...

-Vader

All shit, yeah.

More to the point they posted an image of Bats from the previous film. Like an actual publicity still. And basically thought "let's just do the flavour of the TDK poster again"

I saw the trailer in front of Jungle Book and the CGI is more convincing in 3D. Pretty much everywhere but especially the best VFX shot of the trailer, Durotan's close up in the tent, it looked much better.

If the VFX actually are improved in the finished film (which I hope lol) then I think the 3D is going to help. Having seen the trailer in 3D makes me actually want to see this in 3D. Never thought I would say that lol

darthnazgul wrote:
Panapaok wrote:Image
These Star Wars posters are showing everyone but Luke.
General audiences be like "This Tom Hardy movie looks great".

josephcq wrote:wait wtf people don't like that TDKR poster?! What?! I honestly never knew that. It's one of my most favorite posters ever!
It doesn't fit with the other posters at all. Batman should've been in the snow.

It's mainly because it's very clearly a recolored version of the first one with a photo of Batman inserted into it.

I bet they're banking almost entirely on the fact that it's called "Warcraft", so the posters have little bearing on whether the butts meet the seats.

But if BvS is an indication of anything, it's that word-of-mouth is nearly as important as name recognition.

Though, if this ends up being better than BvS, I'd laugh at the fact that Nolan chose Snyder over Jones for MoS (according to the logic in my mind).

And by better you mean the film itself, not the RT score or the amount of money it makes. Still, to top that over BvS it has to make $800 million, I doubt this can make that. Would be great of course, because I'd love to see the Naga brought to life, but still.