Warcraft (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
WOW in 2015.? Wow. :lol:

Jonas Agersø wrote:Love this Duncan Jones twit:
"@ManMadeMoon: So the gauntlet was thrown down ages ago: Can you make a proper MOVIE of a video game. Ive always said its possible. Got to DO it now! ;)"
That's a great, great attitude to have. I know jack shit about warcraft but it's good to see that he's grabbing this one by the balls.

It's always been rumored that WoW would get a film adaptation one day, I just thought it would be along the same lines as Halo, which is to say it wasn't going to happen at all. I suppose the good thing is the director has a great track record and there's a lot of creative freedom that can be taken since it's such a big universe. I'll definitely be watching this one come 2015.

"The WoW film went to @ManMadeMoon because nobody else had as much experience with films involving respawning."
So true :clap:

Jonas Agersø wrote:Love this Duncan Jones twit:
"@ManMadeMoon: So the gauntlet was thrown down ages ago: Can you make a proper MOVIE of a video game. Ive always said its possible. Got to DO it now! ;)"
Well at least he know's the pressure is on.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Legendary Pictures and Atlas Entertainment are casting up Warcraft, the movie adaptation of the hit Blizzard videogame World Of Warcraft that Duncan Jones will direct. I’m told that Paula Patton is negotiating for a lead role, and that another lead has been offered to Colin Farrell. I’m not sure that Farrell is going to make a deal–sources said it’s 50/50–and Jones is testing other actors for the major roles. Production will begin in January and Charles Leavitt wrote the script. The role playing game takes place in a medieval-like setting where players control avatars that take on gryphons, dragons, zombies, werewolves and elves. Time travel and alien worlds are also part of the mix. The project is one of Legendary’s biggest and was supposed to be made at Warner Bros. Since Thomas Tull’s financing/production company moved over to Universal Pictures, I expect the film to be located there as well.

Paula Patton for Tyrandis Whisperwind and Colin Farell for Arthas.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
I’m told that Paula Patton is negotiating for a lead role,
Last I checked she can't act.

Sigh Duncan.

Patton can act just fine.

Jax_Teller wrote:Patton can act just fine.
Coming from the guy who is impressed by everything.