Warcraft (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Try saying something meaningful from time to time, your trolling act is getting old.

Allstar wrote:
nolannolanchrischris wrote:
I’m told that Paula Patton is negotiating for a lead role,
Last I checked she can't act.

Sigh Duncan.
Coming from a Johansson fanboy, it must be true.

BlairCo wrote:
Allstar wrote: Last I checked she can't act.

Sigh Duncan.
That doesn't even make sense.

Allstar wrote:
BlairCo wrote:
Allstar wrote: Last I checked she can't act.

Sigh Duncan.
That doesn't even make sense.

I'm sorry but Paula Patton can act very well. Watch for example her latest movie Disconnect and try to prove me wrong.

Here is the short list of actors going up for the other lead roles in Warcraft, the Legendary Pictures/Atlas Entertainment adaptation of the vidgame World Of Warcraft. I’m told that on the short list is Paul Dano, fresh from the weekend openers Prisoners; Travis Fimmel, a revelation as the star of the History Channel series Vikings; Anson Mount, who stars in the AMC series Hell on Wheels; and Star Trek‘s Anton Yelchin. Paula Patton is in advanced negotiations and Colin Farrell has been offered one of the leads.

Remember the last time when Farrell was the lead in a tentpole movie and how it ended?

theseeker9175 wrote:Remember the last time when Farrell was the lead in a tentpole movie and how it ended?
I was just about to mention that I was surprised Farrell was still up for one of these big studio pictures, considering what happened with Total Recall and Fright Night.

chom wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote:Remember the last time when Farrell was the lead in a tentpole movie and how it ended?
I was just about to mention that I was surprised Farrell was still up for one of these big studio pictures, considering what happened with Total Recall and Fright Night.
TR tentpole? maybe. not Fright Night though

Fright Night had a 30 million dollar budget (which is pretty high for a Horror film) and was released in August, though. I think the studio was hoping it would be a sleeper hit that ran into the Fall.