Warcraft (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
16% on RT right now :lol:

ChristNolan wrote:16% on RT right now :lol:
Is it bad that I want a sad Duncan Jones meme now?

darthnazgul wrote:
Is it bad that I want a sad Duncan Jones meme now?
Yes.

lol shows how unreliable they are

"Warcraft has visual thrills to spare, but they -- and director Duncan Jones' distinctive gifts -- are wasted on a sluggish and derivative adaptation of a bestselling game with little evident cinematic value."
Seems like every RT summary of rotten films these days includes "but it looks great!" in some form.

No it doesn't RT, get your shit together.

Not a warcraft fan, i don't know the lore just played WoW for 2 months in my entire life during Lich King era. I have no idea whether the story here is close or far from the game, but the rotten rating is crushing.

At least the game went rotten since cataclysm according to people who played the game since vanilla.

I saw this last night and it was very good and fun. The visual effects were fantastic and the action scenes were very cool. However, the pacing was off at times and by the end it all felt like a set up to a sequel. Despite that, it's still worth going to see.

caving and seeing this tonite! :clap: :gonf: :judge: :ninja: :D

I dig this. Beautiful to watch. The world building was pretty well done and smooth. Orcs are awesome in every way ; the humans' acting was poor though (except the magic guys). The story is straight forward, yet the pacing suffered due to editing it seems. I wouldn't have minded a longer film just for better transitions and giving the ending some oomph. A bland ending imo.

Nonetheless, I'm invested in the orcs. Especially Garona, surprisingly. This franchise gets the green light from me.

the_red_ninja wrote:I dig this. Beautiful to watch. The world building was pretty well done and smooth. Orcs are awesome in every way ; the humans' acting was poor though (except the magic guys). The story is straight forward, yet the pacing suffered due to editing it seems. I wouldn't have minded a longer film just for better transitions and giving the ending some oomph. A bland ending imo.

Nonetheless, I'm invested in the orcs. Especially Garona, surprisingly. This franchise gets the green light from me.
Yeah about the humans.. I thought Fimmel's look was good for this film but he felt out of place because everyone else was so cleaned up lol. He also could've been better at places. Cooper was quite bland as was Negga. I thought Schnetzer was unconvincing. Foster delivered the best performance imo. Patton surprised me, I thought I wasn't going to dig Garona one bit lol but she was good. As for looking too clean, I would've preferred if Stormwind and all the armory of the knights actually looked used you know..

Do you think we'll get to see the directors cut on the blu-ray? I hope so, Jones said he cut 40 minutes out.