Star Trek Beyond (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The first teaser was objectively awful... even Pegg said so

and yet it was just the first teaser. No need to overreact.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:Funny how a lot of people are calling this an ''improvement'' over Into Darkness even if the reviews are nowhere as good...

lmao

Lol

Seriously this is such a pleasant surprise. I was not expecting anything from this before this week.

So this was fun. A very nice (and much needed - considering what seems to be going down in #4) breather from all the set-up and timeline hijinks of the first and the grandiose of Into Darkness. Missed JJ's visual flairs (and the lens flares) at first but glad Lin made it more of his own thing, in fact I was surprised how much he did make it more his own thing. It's a 50th anniversary celebration at its simplest - just a straight up 2hr big-screen original series story. Very much independent and its own thing.

Everyone was really great, the core trio (Pine, Quinto and Urban) especially - great of them to focus far more on the characters this time. Loved Boutella as Jaylah, I really hope unlike Eve in Into Darkness we get her back in the 4th film (ideally - get both her and Eve back). Giacchino's score is aces as usual too.

Overall - very solid and just great, surprisingly chilled, fun.

antovolk wrote:So this was fun. A very nice (and much needed - considering what seems to be going down in #4) breather from all the set-up and timeline hijinks of the first and the grandiose of Into Darkness. Missed JJ's visual flairs (and the lens flares) at first but glad Lin made it more of his own thing, in fact I was surprised how much he did make it more his own thing. It's a 50th anniversary celebration at its simplest - just a straight up 2hr big-screen original series story. Very much independent and its own thing.

Everyone was really great, the core trio (Pine, Quinto and Urban) especially - great of them to focus far more on the characters this time. Loved Boutella as Jaylah, I really hope unlike Eve in Into Darkness we get her back in the 4th film (ideally - get both her and Eve back). Giacchino's score is aces as usual too.

Overall - very solid and just great, surprisingly chilled, fun.
Thoughts on Big Dris?

Dream-Xtractor wrote:
Thoughts on Big Dris?
Pretty good, he was a tad underused and underdeveloped though until the 3rd act.

Oh and any fellow UK folks, bloody Para UK putting spoilery ads all over Facebook and YouTube. So AVOID

This was so dull, disappointing

Seeing this today, getting ready by continuing my TNG binge watch

In other words I'm setting myself up for disappointment