Doctor Strange (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ill definitely watch the shit out of it if Joaquin was on board, but Ethan Hawke would be great too. Mind you, i know fuck all about the character, i just think Hawke as such a different Marvel character would be great for his career. If it was up to me, i would get Joaquin away from this and on to a Affleck directed Batman movie, playing a villain. Like a 40ish Joker.

m4st4 wrote:I just don't want Joaquin anywhere near it.
Care to elaborate?

Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty 6 hours ago
it's Joaquin Phoenix. Not sure when Marvel will announce but he's the one.

I'm expecting a big announcement at NYCC. I'm betting that'll have all the big announcements we expected to see at SDCC. (News about DCCU/MCU future, official release dates for Shazam/Doctor Strange, casting info, a look at Daredevil, etc)

SilverHeart wrote:I'm expecting a big announcement at NYCC. I'm betting that'll have all the big announcements we expected to see at SDCC. (News about DCCU/MCU future, official release dates for Shazam/ Doc Strange, casting, look at Daredevil, etc)
There's not that many panels. Daredevil has one which I'm going I try to get into and there's one long panel as well but that's it.

It's possible they haven't announced some stuff yet. Marvel only announced the NYCC panel for Avengers a week or so in advance, much later than some of their other ones. They also might just do a press release rather than full panel stuff.

D'Onofrio as Kingpin and now Phoenix as Strange. Perfection, casting-wise anyway. Both have the talent and clout to (re)define/establish definitive live action versions of these characters. Let's hope their respective projects live up to the hype.

Joaquin Phoenix doesn't strike me as a guy who will sign up for one superhero movie, let alone an entire franchise.

I want him to do it just to surprise us.
He's been on a pretty good streak recently, if he does pick this he'll still probably have time to do his usual daring and exciting stuff as well, so that's all good. Gotta fit in your PTA collabs somewhere.
SilverHeart wrote:Image
I quite like this art.

Joaquin Phoenix ‘Doctor Strange’ Talks End; Back To Square One
Marvel Studios‘ talks with Oscar nominee Joaquin Phoenix to play Doctor Strange are kaput. He never had a deal, but Marvel is already getting into it with other actors to play that superhero in a free standing film. Don’t believe these talks that Boyhood‘s Ethan Hawke has made a deal to play the character; I’m told reliably that that is speculation run wild. I understand Marvel’s belief that Phoenix would have been great for that role, in keeping with putting solid actors in those hero roles. But Phoenix, whose latest, the Paul Thomas Anderson-directed Inherent Vice, opens this weekend at The New York Film Festival. I’m not sure Phoenix is a Comic-Con kind of guy. Before Marvel started talking with Phoenix, the major names in the mix included The Drop‘s Tom Hardy, The Imitation Game’s Benedict Cumberbatch and Dallas Buyers Club‘s Jared Leto, among others. Let the speculation begin anew. After teasing references to the Doctor, most recently he got a shout out in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Marvel has made this a priority.
http://deadline.com/2014/10/joaquin-pho ... el-844910/