Doctor Strange (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
Kevin. ‏@KevinInChains Jul 18
One of the comic book stores in CT had Joaquin Phoenix stop by. He was looking for Dr. Strange comics.
lmao!
And that's why, if you're famous, you buy a variety of comics to avoid suspicion and rumours. Buy Dr Strange, Archie, Batman, Playboy, etc.

darthnazgul wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Kevin. ‏@KevinInChains Jul 18
One of the comic book stores in CT had Joaquin Phoenix stop by. He was looking for Dr. Strange comics.
lmao!
And that's why, if you're famous, you buy a variety of comics to avoid suspicion and rumours. Buy Dr Strange, Archie, Batman, Playboy, etc.
:lol:

If this turns out to be true, Phoenix turned down DC/WB and said yes to Marvel. That would really sting for DC fans.
Hey @scottderrickson, Joaquin Phoenix was shopping for some Dr. Strange comics at Sarge's Comics in New London, CT last week. Is he the Dr.?
10:54 AM - 23 Jul 2014

That is a little bizarre. Didn't see that coming. Especially since he turned down the role of Lex Luthor in BvS.
Also Marvel seems pretty ambitions with there casting here. Actors like Cumberbatcth and Hardy and now Phoenix. Personally I hope he turns it down. I prefer him taken changeling roles. And the director and writers doesn't exactly screams greatness.

Allstar wrote:If this turns out to be true, Phoenix turned down DC/WB and said yes to Marvel. That would really sting for DC fans.
more maddening is him saying no to Chris Terrio/Zack Snyder and yes to Scott Derrickson/Donnely & Oppenheimer

(And I'm not a Snyder fan)

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Allstar wrote:If this turns out to be true, Phoenix turned down DC/WB and said yes to Marvel. That would really sting for DC fans.
more maddening is him saying no to Chris Terrio/Zack Snyder and yes to Scott Derrickson/Donnely & Oppenheimer

Was Chris Terrio on board when Phoenix was in talks? The script could have still been 100% Goyer by that stage.

To be fair I don't see Chris Terrio's style suiting JP at all anyway. Not saying this suits him, just that Snyder and Terrio's bombastic, spectacle-based entertainment isn't what JP does nowadays (he's mroe in smaller and, more improtantly, weirder films these days - Something Argo was not).

Incredible. But then what the hell is Cumby doing at Comic Con, especially if there isn't a Sherlock panel either? Is there a The Hobbit 3 panel?

oracle86 wrote:Incredible. But then what the hell is Cumby doing at Comic Con, especially if there isn't a Sherlock panel either? Is there a The Hobbit 3 panel?
Yes

This is a major win for Marvel if Phoenix signs. :o :clap:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:

I don't find it that unbelievable. Sure, Terrio has cred but Snyder is not exactly leagues above Derrikson. This is also a solo lead role as opposed to a villain role in an ensemble film.