Doctor Strange (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ArmandFancypants wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:Dunno about Israelite, but the other three names are hardly exciting. Thought they might have gone all out and got Tim Burton in.
That would actually be exciting but he really needs to do Beetlejuice 2 with Michael and Winona, because what else is he going to do these days?
Well, Big Eyes. Which sounds fascinating.
Like everything he's tackled over the past ten years, on paper. The last one that actually turned out fascinating was Big Fish though.

No, Sweeney Todd is immensely effective. It could well be the most satisfying cinematic revenge ever, in a musical of all things.

But this is the same writers as Ed Wood, as well as Forman's two late 90s comedic biopics, which are very intelligently written. And it's Waltz and Adams. I have extremely high hopes.

ArmandFancypants wrote:No, Sweeney Todd is immensely effective. It could well be the most satisfying cinematic revenge ever, in a musical of all things.

But this is the same writers as Ed Wood, as well as Forman's two late 90s comedic biopics, which are very intelligently written. And it's Waltz and Adams. I have extremely high hopes.
Didn't know about the Ed Wood writers, certainly hypes me up a bit.

As for Sweeney Todd... no. It worked for me until the third act, when it simply depressed me for about a week or so.

Sweeney Todd is pretty darn good. Good fun. Good throat-slashin fun.

Seriously, Sweeney Todd was overlooked. I was singing those songs for weeks and I dont even like musicals.

Vin Diesel did mention that in his initial talks with Marvel, he wasn't talking about Groot, but something else for Phase 3. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it turned out that was for this, specifically Dormammu.

SilverHeart wrote:Vin Diesel did mention that in his initial talks with Marvel, he wasn't talking about Groot, but something else for Phase 3. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it turned out that was for this, specifically Dormammu.

It would be quite difficult to adapt a being such as Dormammu into live action without changing him too much or making him look pretty silly.

Matthew Modine throws his hat in the ring for strange:
#Marvel I'd like to play #DoctorStrange - let's make this happen.

SilverHeart wrote:Matthew Modine throws his hat in the ring for strange:
#Marvel I'd like to play #DoctorStrange - let's make this happen.
lol