Gone Girl (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
So, did NF love this movie? I missed the release 'round these parts.

BroskiSabor wrote:So, did NF love this movie? I missed the release 'round these parts.
Absolutely.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote:So, did NF love this movie? I missed the release 'round these parts.
Absolutely.
Awesome.

I still get woozy thinking about the ending. I read the book a couple months before release and Fincher's ending recaptured that sickening feeling in my gut perfectly.

Yes, Including myself. I quite like it despite nearly despising the book it was based on. I do think, unlike "Interstellar", Gone "Gone Girl" will be the film that in time a bunch of people who loved it initially will turn on it. It's definitely not in my top 5 of the year after thinking about it more.

Echovoid_52 wrote:
Yes, Including myself. I quite like it despite nearly despising the book it was based on. I do think, unlike "Interstellar", Gone "Gone Girl" will be the film that in time a bunch of people who loved it initially will turn on it. It's definitely not in my top 5 of the year after thinking about it more.
What did you like so much more about the film? It was a surprisingly faithful adaptation, so it's difficult for me to see how you could hate the book but love the film.

BroskiSabor wrote:
Echovoid_52 wrote:
What did you like so much more about the film? It was a surprisingly faithful adaptation, so it's difficult for me to see how you could hate the book but love the film.
PM'd you my review for those that don't want to see it posted a second time.

We all know that Fincher is a fantastic director. He's incredible. Technically, his films are next level. But he's not a writer/director and that's where he falls IMO. Sometimes the story is amazing, sometimes it's dull and predictable.

I think Gone Girl is one of his best. Really a great balance of everything.

Dragon Tat is a great example of a well-directed film, good acting, but it's bland. It's predictable.

shauner111 wrote:We all know that Fincher is a fantastic director. He's incredible. Technically, his films are next level. But he's not a writer/director and that's where he falls IMO. Sometimes the story is amazing, sometimes it's dull and predictable.

Dragon Tat is a great example of a well-directed film, good acting, but it's bland. It's predictable.
I always got the impression while watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo that Fincher was bored with the material. To me it's just an exercise in style and little else.

HorrorBiz wrote:
shauner111 wrote:We all know that Fincher is a fantastic director. He's incredible. Technically, his films are next level. But he's not a writer/director and that's where he falls IMO. Sometimes the story is amazing, sometimes it's dull and predictable.

I always got the impression while watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo that Fincher was bored with the material. To me it's just an exercise in style and little else.
Yup. The only reason Fincher signed on to do "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" was because he was led to believe he'd be able to do a R-rated trilogy of films. As we know, it didn't, or hasn't yet, worked out. I for one am glad, because I don't think the first movie(and the book) are all that special.

We did a wank party post-premiere, it was glorious.

It's also my second favorite film this year, close second.