Gone Girl (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I love how he doesn't act like he's in an interview or put on any kind of bull shit mask... He's just himself. He comes off so natural, and he's badass. He's the fuckin man.

ComptonTerry wrote:I love how he doesn't act like he's in an interview or put on any kind of bull shit mask... He's just himself. He comes off so natural, and he's badass. He's the fuckin man.
Great interview (as always with Fincher). He's like the complete opposite of Nick Dunne

Last two interviews are fucking revelations, thanks guys, damn good read.

One of many examples:
In Gone Girl there’s a smile the guy has to give when the local press asks him to stand next to a poster of his missing wife. I flipped through Google Images and found about 50 shots of Affleck giving that kind of smile in public situations. You look at them and know he’s trying to make people comfortable in the moment, but by doing that he’s making himself vulnerable to people having other perceptions about him.
Or this:
FINCHER: If you didn’t get hugged enough as a kid, you won’t find what you’re looking for from me. That’s not my gig and I’m not attuned to it. On Zodiac I had a conversation with Jake, and I said, “I guarantee I’m going to make a good movie out of this. You can decide if you want to be the weakest thing in it, or you can decide if you want to show up.” Downey had an interesting relationship with Jake on that movie. I think he felt it was his job to point out how difficult it is to be a 24-year-old actor with a lot of eyes and expectations on you. In spite of all the drama about whether we were allowing Jake to be the best version of himself because we were expecting so many iterations of his performance, to an extent I also felt that way about him. I also empathized with the wizened Downey looking back at himself in his Less Than Zero days and wanting a more nurturing influence for Jake.
What a nazi! :lol:

but then he goes...
FINCHER: Part of the promise when I work with actors is that we may be on take 11 and I’ll say, “We certainly have a version that we can put in the movie that will make us all happy. But I want to do seven more and continue to push this idea. Let’s see where it goes.” Now, I may go back to them after those seven takes and say, “It was a complete fucking waste of effort, but I had to try because I feel there’s something to be mined from this.” That’s a lot of extra work for an actor, and sometimes it pushes them out of their comfort zone. In some cases they’re not getting paid as much as they would on another movie. I go out on a limb, and people work harder for me than they do for other people. But I want them to be happy with the fact that we were able to do something singular, something unlike anything else in their or my filmography.

I can read that Fincher Playboy interview over and over again. It's amazing. :lol:

Unreal! What a fucking boss. 8-)

Vader182 wrote:I've rarely seen Fincher so candid, and I've read almost every interview I could find on the internet from him over the years. He says a couple pretty candid things in the BTS of Dragon Tattoo also.

Also, I don't remember if anyone on here (including me) confirmed it, but this is 4K.

-Vader
Shot with the RED Dragon sensor, reportedly 6K. But this is finished in 4K? That'd be awesome.