Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yeah, I would say that the film is doing very well at the box office for a niche, R-rated action film. And I don't know what other people have been hearing, but the audience reception seems to be pretty stellar. I keep telling my friends to go see this, and they tell me they've been hearing from others that it's great as well.

So... I think it's doing pretty ok with regard to both box office and word of mouth. Still surprised that this film even got funded to begin with, lol.

slimshady247 wrote:Yeah, I would say that the film is doing very well at the box office for a niche, R-rated action film. And I don't know what other people have been hearing, but the audience reception seems to be pretty stellar. I keep telling my friends to go see this, and they tell me they've been hearing from others that it's great as well.

So... I think it's doing pretty ok with regard to both box office and word of mouth. Still surprised that this film even got funded to begin with, lol.
I mean, it has a B+ cinemascore. It's good, not great.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote: I mean, it has a B+ cinemascore. It's good, not great.

-Vader
That's true. I was just saying that, despite that, the word of mouth still seems really strong.

Plus a B+ Cinemascore is hardly enough to classify it as a disappointment in terms of audience reception.

How are Cinemascores attained/calculated anyways?

Vader182 wrote:
slimshady247 wrote:Yeah, I would say that the film is doing very well at the box office for a niche, R-rated action film. And I don't know what other people have been hearing, but the audience reception seems to be pretty stellar. I keep telling my friends to go see this, and they tell me they've been hearing from others that it's great as well.

-Vader
It also has a 91% audience approval rating on RT, and is ranking #30 on IMDB's top 250 (8.7/10).

Comparatively, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen also has a B+ cinemascore, but a 58% audience approval on RT, and a 6/10 average on IMDB.

Not sure of what value cinemascore really is. Typically getting people's thoughts right as they leave the theater isn't as indicative of what they think like, the next day or even hour.

Law wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:Ultron isn't really bleak or dark at all. The cinematography compared to the first one kind of is, true, but the tone is still pretty light overall.

Hell, Ultron himself gets more snark in than even Tony Stark.
What thread are you in
Clearly you didn't read the thread. :lol:

Crazy Eight wrote:
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
It also has a 91% audience approval rating on RT, and is ranking #30 on IMDB's top 250 (8.7/10).

Comparatively, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen also has a B+ cinemascore, but a 58% audience approval on RT, and a 6/10 average on IMDB.

Not sure of what value cinemascore really is. Typically getting people's thoughts right as they leave the theater isn't as indicative of what they think like, the next day or even hour.

Who else thought the villain was like something out of Fist of the North Star?

Skywalker1982 wrote:Who else thought the villain was like something out of Fist of the North Star?
I asked you to fuck off and I have yet to receive a response.

Cilogy wrote:
Skywalker1982 wrote:Who else thought the villain was like something out of Fist of the North Star?
I asked you to fuck off and I have yet to receive a response.
What do you mean fuck off?

slimshady247 wrote:Plus a B+ Cinemascore is hardly enough to classify it as a disappointment in terms of audience reception.
Yeah, audiences who are polled for CinemaScore tend to give just about any new superhero movie an "A" while other, lesser known (or wholly original) movies rarely achieve that high of praise. I remember both Inception and Interstellar received scores of "B+" from CinemaScore audiences, as well as Gone Girl receiving a "B" and they did just fine. I know that George Miller doesn't have the kind of big marquee name that Nolan does, but still.