Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm a bit late to the party but holy shit.. this was fucking awesome. Bravo :clap:

Lionheart wrote:I think i was disappointed. Maybe in an unfairly way because of stupid expectations. I got everything i hoped. Good action , two intense hours , some nice set pieces but i ended up feeling a little underwhelmed.

There's long and continuous action scenes , but there isn't one which i found particularly great (outside of their running time..). Fuck , i wouldn't trade the last Road Warrior chase for any of Fury Road. Also surprised by how stylized this movie is , this is like a stylized version of Thunderdome (almost falling in some kind of 300 excess). Joe is as cool as fuck because of the production design. But his character don't exist outside of it. Max is a little irrelevant. Furiosa , i suppose all the praise was because she's a ..woman ? Those speed up shots ? They didnt look particularly great in Mad Max 1 and 2 , here ...ugh.

I loved how relentless the film was. And how non-monotonous it was.

After two hours , i got a good action movie , and one which isnt really frequently released by big american studios. I have to praise that. And its Miller's 2nd best feature ever. But i expected something else. Probably my fault.

I do want to watch it one more time in a theater.

A film in a similar vein , Apocalypto , i think its more grandeur , nuanced and well crafted than Fury Road. I think that was my expectation.
I agree completely. Maybe except for Max... Before I saw it, I heard so much that Max is only a supporting character, I was actually pleasantly suprised by how much he was in it, how important he was. Except for the first Mad Max, it was never HIS fight. Much like it's not his fight here, but he's the key for them getting what they want.

This aired in Thailand recently, extensive look at Fury Road, a bit late to the party but lots of interesting new bts stuff:

I've been a fan of the first 2 movies for 29 years since i was 4 when i rented them and became favorites of mine in the sci-fi category as i've been a sci-fi/fantasy nut for those years since.

This movie actually delivered the goods unlike the watered down third movie from 30 years ago, i love how George Miller is back and brought this series back to the R-rated adult oriented gritty formula of the first 2 classics. A nice script from a longtime fan of the series who did some good issues of Judge Dredd comics and co-written by the franchise creator Miller, quality action, nice use of practical and new effects and Tom Hardy is great as Max.

Best sci-fi action film of the year.

Skywalker1982 wrote:I've been a fan of the first 2 movies for 29 years since i was 4 when i rented them and became favorites of mine in the sci-fi category as i've been a sci-fi/fantasy nut for those years since.

This movie actually delivered the goods unlike the watered down third movie from 30 years ago, i love how George Miller is back and brought this series back to the R-rated adult oriented gritty formula of the first 2 classics. A nice script from a longtime fan of the series who did some good issues of Judge Dredd comics and co-written by the franchise creator Miller, quality action, nice use of practical and new effects and Tom Hardy is great as Max.

Best sci-fi action film of the year.
Wait? What?

The Road Warrior came out in 1981... he rented both movies when he was four (1985?)... He's 30 years old?

seeing this again right now

hope it's good

m4st4 wrote:The Road Warrior came out in 1981... he rented both movies when he was four (1985?)... He's 30 years old?
Yes RW came out 81 and i was born 1982, i was 4 in 1986 when i rented both MM and RW then later Beyond Thunderdome. Im gonna be 33 on June 16th.

Skywalker1982 wrote:
m4st4 wrote:The Road Warrior came out in 1981... he rented both movies when he was four (1985?)... He's 30 years old?
Yes RW came out 81 and i was born 1982, i was 4 in 1986 when i rented both MM and RW then later Beyond Thunderdome. Im gonna be 33 on June 16th.
You were 4? And you we're renting movies? These movies?

Oh my God who gives a shit.