Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
How can anybody be bothered with anything when Tom Hardy is on the screen ;)

Allstar wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Nostalgia.
Nostalgia is denial, denial of the painful present... the name for this denial is golden age thinking, the erroneous notion that a different time period is better than the one one's living in. It's a flaw in the romantic imagination of those people who find it difficult to cope with the present.
How people actually let things like this bother them is beyond me.

-Vader
It's funny you post that since my friends reference it to make fun of me all the time lol.

-Vader

ChristNolan wrote:I fucking hate the term "beyond me". How is it beyond you? Are you God or something?
Can you tell I'm bored yet
Sorry, it was just too hard to resist. :lol:
SomeFrenchToast wrote:wow some of these posts are so stupid
They're not any worse than yours in the Jurassic World thread, really.
ImageJk, lol.

ChristNolan wrote:I also hate when people use the word "picture" instead of film or movie. This isn't the 20s anymore gramps, no one should use it in a casual conversation.

"Wanna go to the movies later, bro?"

"Yes I would be quite fond of viewing a nice motion picture this evening, yes yes."

The fuck?
The proper term is photo-play you filthy commoner.

Admittedly in my film essays I'll use the phrase "picture" to mix it up. My prose gets stale if I'm using "film" and "movie" multiple times in a single paragraph.

Crazy Eight wrote:Admittedly in my film essays I'll use the phrase "picture" to mix it up. My prose gets stale if I'm using "film" and "movie" multiple times in a single paragraph.
That's fine. I think we're talking about using it in conversation.

QueenofHearts wrote: According to boxoffice.com - MM has made over 211 million world wide with an estimated budget of 210 million of which I thought I read initially was 150 million??? maybe I misread....
All I've ever heard is $150 mill, so perhaps the $210 mill includes the promotional budget. And they certainly promoted this film right.

Baniac wrote:
QueenofHearts wrote: According to boxoffice.com - MM has made over 211 million world wide with an estimated budget of 210 million of which I thought I read initially was 150 million??? maybe I misread....
All I've ever heard is $150 mill, so perhaps the $210 mill includes the promotional budget. And they certainly promoted this film right.
Doubt it. The film's production budget has been in rumored dispute for quite a while. Marketing and distribution numbers are always filed separately, so I wouldn't be shocked if it turned out the production did actually cost $210m.

I just rechecked and was looking to see if I could find out some more info and it said that the total sales were a combination of production budget figures and domesticated P&A costs (est) so it seems like it's a combination of both. Im sure there are some obvious estimates in there, but I think everything will good in the end or at least very decent, but certainly not a failure :twothumbsup:

Sorry for the double post! A better pic of Max's tattoos....Poor Baby! If you all can't see it I will try to save a larger pic- shows how jacked up that world was " psychotic- keep muzzled- lone road warrior"