Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:I hate the term "avant-garde"
Not to play into Keegan's joke, but why? It's like saying "I hate the term German Expressionism" or "I hate the term baroque."

-Vader
I can't stand those two terms.

I also hate when people use the word "picture" instead of film or movie. This isn't the 20s anymore gramps, no one should use it in a casual conversation.

"Wanna go to the movies later, bro?"

"Yes I would be quite fond of viewing a nice motion picture this evening, yes yes."

The fuck?

Nostalgia.

How people actually let things like this bother them is beyond me.

-Vader

Ugh, don't get me started on the term "nostalgia."

I fucking hate the term "beyond me". How is it beyond you? Are you God or something?
Can you tell I'm bored yet
Last edited by ChristNolan on May 24th, 2015, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ah you fuckers

Some people say "picture" as a joke which is great, but you sound like a pretentious twat when you say it as a serious thing.

wow some of these posts are so stupid

George Miller's Mad Max: Fury Road jumped 33 percent from Friday to earn an estimated $9.01 million yesterday. From there, Warner Bros. estimates a three-day haul of $23.885 million, which would give it $87.315 million in total through the end of Sunday. The studio did not provide a four-day weekend estimate at the time of this story's publishing, but BoxOffice projects that figure will land around $29.7 million.

According to boxoffice.com - MM has made over 211 million world wide with an estimated budget of 210 million of which I thought I read initially was 150 million??? maybe I misread....

Vader182 wrote:Nostalgia.
Nostalgia is denial, denial of the painful present... the name for this denial is golden age thinking, the erroneous notion that a different time period is better than the one one's living in. It's a flaw in the romantic imagination of those people who find it difficult to cope with the present.
How people actually let things like this bother them is beyond me.

-Vader