Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Saw this again

I am so fucking passive about how much i like this film

Like its fucking crazy and as Im watching it Im thinking fuck yeah or oh man cool or aw look at that

But Im not having the physical reactions to it like you guys and im kind of bummed i feel left out

I think my whole thing is imagination. When I watch movies I think to myself who were these people before and why are they the way they are now? what drives these characters ya know? No need to feel left out Braked! My response was more emotional than really physical because I got caught up in imagining the life and background of those characters and the Hell that they were in! But that's me, I guess. Maybe because Im a chick;-)

QueenofHearts wrote:IWith his physicality of acting- from the use of his eyes to everything else..he's perfect. I think he owned this role.
That's great and all but why did you had to compare him to Ledger and especially add that remark about their acting styles which made no sense?

Isn't what I quoted enough to validate your appreciation for Hardy in the role of Max?

Seen it twice so far.

dank/10

tbh
:thumbup:

Dodd wrote:Seen it twice so far.

dank/10

tbh

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Dodd wrote:Seen it twice so far.

dank/10

tbh

-Vader
hey did you get my pm? :thumbup:

oh shit

-Vader

Crazy Eight wrote:
LelekPL wrote:I liked it, didn't love it - 7.5/10

It has some nice concepts and character designs. I was hoping for more tension, though and more practical effects. I was a little dissapointed with the action that started to bore me a little half-way through and I didn't expect so much CGI in the surrounding and the debris. At times it didn't even feel like they were on Earth. The action had some great stunts and some highly exaggerated ones that I just didn't care for. The cuts are quick but I'd prefer some more time to breath and soak in the cinematography. The music was fun, sometimes it really built up the tension, even though it doesn't have that one tune I would remember it for.

Immortal Joe had some nice designs, his soldiers looked menacing as heck. The opening was INCREDIBLE, filled with tension. The beginning of the chase after Furiosa was also great... but then it just kind of... stumbled through some long stretches.

Tom Hardy did his job efficiently, he had some nice moments. I still prefer Mel Gibson in the role but I can't say I disliked Tom (I had this moment of what would happen if Heath Ledger had played that role, though). Charlize is good and so is Hoult. Yet, these are no Oscar winning characters or performances. Everyone was just solid with, like I said earlier, some really cool character concepts thrown in the mix as well.

Maybe the 98% on Rotten Tomatoes raised my expectations too high. It's definitely in my top 5 of the year so far but I can't say it's a great film.
I think you're cookoo bananas in general, but specifically I'm getting annoyed with people bringing up Heath. Like, he wasn't anymore "signed up" for the part than he was for Foxcatcher. He'd been dead 4.5 years prior to the first day of shooting, and 7.5 by the time it was released. Like, I'd get people imagining him in the part if they shot this in the summer of 2008, but come on. He was Australia's biggest young star, obviously he was in contention for it at some stage. There's a pretty big chance he wouldn't have ended up doing it even if he had lived.
What? I wasn't even critcizing the movie with that comment. It's in parenthesis, it's a "btw" remark that has nothing to do with the final film. It was just a moment I had after the film that kind of made me sad about Heath's death but had nothing to do with me liking or disliking the film more in any way. And I know how long ago before the shooting he died, I know even Mel Gibson was considered for the role back in the early 2000s. I never said that it was "so close". It just made me sad about the fact that we would have seen Heath in so many projects if he hadn't passed away. But again, that's neither here nor there when it comes to the review of the film.

And since when a 7,5/10 is a bad grade? You people are acting like I hated the film. I liked it, it had some cool moments and concepts. I only felt the execution wasn't the best it could have been but still, it's an overal good film.

Saw it again and physically I was shaken. I got up and was sweating like i'd just played a game of pick up bball. A movie has never done this to me haha. I can confirm it's a stone cold masterpiece. What a perfect ending too.

Sky007 wrote:Saw it again and physically I was shaken. I got up and was sweating like i'd just played a game of pick up bball. A movie has never done this to me haha. I can confirm it's a stone cold masterpiece. What a perfect ending too.
I haven't had a physiological response so extreme as this since Gravity gave me a woozy sensation thanks to the constantly changing orientation of the camera, but it was probably the spinning hallway moment before that.

-Vader