Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Whew! Somehow I survived Mad Max. What a wild ride! Definitely buckle your seat belt when you go. Kudos to the stunt folks in this and to George Miller for doing as much practical effects as possible. A real refreshing treat in today's usual movie world of green screens and computer-generated everything. Some bat-shite crazy stuff. And, of course, Tom Hardy was an understated, prefect Max. He had to fight to hold his ground with all those butt-kickin' ladies around him. LOL. Serious girl power in this movie, another refreshing change in today's movie world. Can't wait to see it again!

I'm actually surprised the critics love this movie so much because they rarely have anything good to say about action movies.

Baniac wrote:Whew! Somehow I survived Mad Max. What a wild ride! Definitely buckle your seat belt when you go. Kudos to the stunt folks in this and to George Miller for doing as much practical effects as possible. A real refreshing treat in today's usual movie world of green screens and computer-generated everything. Some bat-shite crazy stuff. And, of course, Tom Hardy was an understated, prefect Max. He had to fight to hold his ground with all those butt-kickin' ladies around him. LOL. Serious girl power in this movie, another refreshing change in today's movie world. Can't wait to see it again!

I'm actually surprised the critics love this movie so much because they rarely have anything good to say about action movies.
Thought about you while watching this. Max was a stud.

For anyone that has played grand theft auto, you know how you play for a few hours then go for a drive and it feels weird? Well, immediately after pulling out of the parking lot, a giant truck pulled up behind my car and the 10 minute ride home I thought I was on fury road.

As far as the movie is concerned, 9/10 for what it is shooting for, no pun intended.

Sandy wrote:
Baniac wrote:Whew! Somehow I survived Mad Max. What a wild ride! Definitely buckle your seat belt when you go. Kudos to the stunt folks in this and to George Miller for doing as much practical effects as possible. A real refreshing treat in today's usual movie world of green screens and computer-generated everything. Some bat-shite crazy stuff. And, of course, Tom Hardy was an understated, prefect Max. He had to fight to hold his ground with all those butt-kickin' ladies around him. LOL. Serious girl power in this movie, another refreshing change in today's movie world. Can't wait to see it again!

Thought about you while watching this. Max was a stud.
I couple of things in particular that I liked and cracked me up:
How he kept sawing away at the mask no matter what was going on.
How he kept bitching about shit when chained to Nux's car.
His reaction when Furioso took the high caliber gun from him and told him not to move.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Baniac wrote:
His reaction when Furioso took the high caliber gun from him and told him not to move.
I liked when he got the mask off and started talking. He is fucking cool. Also, the how his visions of the people he didn't save ended up saving him was awesome. His coolest moment was when he comes up with the next step in his master plan and decides to go to the citadel.

Sandy wrote:
Baniac wrote:
I liked when he got the mask off and started talking. He is fucking cool. Also, the how his visions of the people he didn't save ended up saving him was awesome. His coolest moment was when he comes up with the next step in his master plan and decides to go to the citadel.
Yes, he went from being reactionary to taking action. :D Can't wait for what Miller has in store for him in the next one. I felt like he was simply whetting our appetite with Max in this one. Loved how
Hardy changed his voice throughout and how feral Max was at the beginning.

What a rush!!

I'm slightly perturbed there are only five IMAX theatres in North America screening this right now, but I'll live.

sorry to be a debbie downer but I hated it

-Vader

Surpassed my mighty high expectations. A complete and utter masterpiece. This is the distillation of action movies. I don't even know how this exists or how it was created. One of the best movies I've ever seen.

The shot of Charlize's character walking into the desert when she falls to her knees and screams was quite literally some of the prettiest photography I've seen in awhile.

this film was fucking incredible