Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
What seems to be putting this in the upper categories is the emotional core, so it's not just stunt guys rampaging across the desert and vehicular warfare of F&F franchise, it's also a set of well thought out characters colliding in the midst of mayhem and providing interesting results. You know, that one mark higher because you actually care?

From the audience section on RT
Star Wars your most anticipated film? That's because you don't know anything and haven't watched any Mad Max films.
:lol:

And the best summary from a critic on RT
In the battle of the 2015 behemoths, the maxed-out madness of Mad Max: Fury Road sets an extraordinarily high bar - then pole-vaults clean over it and smashes the entire rig to smithereens.

m4st4 wrote:What seems to be putting this in the upper categories is the emotional core, so it's not just stunt guys rampaging across the desert and vehicular warfare of F&F franchise, it's also a set of well thought out characters colliding in the midst of mayhem and providing interesting results. You know, that one mark higher because you actually care?
YES - that's what I really really liked it for. It's basically what Gravity (very similar in terms of it being a pure experience movie) should've done but instead gave us that crappy sob story.

Anyone remember this? :lol:
@colliderfrosty
MAD MAX: FURY ROAD test screening was last night. Sorry to report, I didn't hear good things.
https://twitter.com/colliderfrosty/stat ... 7997678592

I have only one thing for Frosty:

Just got back.

Good fun, but it is what it is like Mad Max 2. Just a really terrifically assembled chase movie with great visual storytelling, singular visuals, and tremendous photography. Hoult was the standout, a real surprise.

About to see it in the BFI IMAX in London, my first film in IMAX, what a lovely day.

antovolk wrote:
@colliderfrosty
MAD MAX: FURY ROAD test screening was last night. Sorry to report, I didn't hear good things.
Well that was a year ago. Has he released his official review yet?

DoubleD wrote:
antovolk wrote:
@colliderfrosty
Well that was a year ago. Has he released his official review yet?

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD absolutely blew me away. It’s an action movie masterpiece and something you need to see on the biggest and loudest screen

— Steven Weintraub (@colliderfrosty) May 11, 2015

upper left was my face when I sat down to watch MAD MAX: FURY ROAD. Lower right was when film ended pic.twitter.com/je11QwJ37F — Steven Weintraub (@colliderfrosty) May 11, 2015

To be fair, this film had an unusually drawn out post-production process, so it may have evolved significantly from what people saw at the test screenings.

Just saw the film. Really enjoyed it, a lot of brilliantly designed shots, great practical effects though somewhat forgettable overall. Wish they did more with Tom Hardy.